what is this cord I got with a Modern Warfare 2 edition

I bought a used MW2 edition console to replace my 4th RROD since 2005. I didn't get the included ethernet cord which is fine but I did get a small grey cord with a USB on one end and a connector on the other. It was still in its original packaging and there is a sticker that says for use with xbox360 not xboxS. Can someone tell me what it is?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hmm I'm still not too sure what cord you are talking about. Does the cord look like THIS?

The two connectors look like that. One usb the other a female of some kind. But the cord itself is about 10 inches long and is grey like it would be a Microsoft first party cord.

If it looks like the picture I posted above, then it is a Kinect adapter cord. Not exactly sure why it came with your console if it wasn't the Kinect bundle console though.

[quote user="mmarkwell"]The two connectors look like that. One usb the other a female of some kind. But the cord itself is about 10 inches long and is grey like it would be a Microsoft first party cord.[/quote]

Kinect comes with a short USB extension cable for moving the WiFi adapter off the back of an older 360 console (so Kinect can plug into the rear USB port).