What is the Rockstar Pass for?

Hi guys

With the release of LA Noire this Friday i have been looking into the game and something i cant seem to grasp is this rockstar pass.

Now i know its similar to EA's project ten dollar but heres where im confused and would like some more info.

What does Rockstars pass give me? Since there is no MP im imaging it will be like the cerburus network for ME2.

Will i get a pass with my game (as long as it s bought new)?

It seems very strange (and slightly stupid) to realease info on the pass and to even price it without being able to know what it is.

Any ifo would be appreciated

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The pass will be 800 MSP and it won't come with the game, new or not. As for what it does, it's rumoured to give you access to the pre order DLC.

Not sure if you will have to pay any more or not on top of the pass.

[quote user="Boas BS5"]

Hi guys

With the release of LA Noire this Friday i have been looking into the game and something i cant seem to grasp is this rockstar pass.

Now i know its similar to EA's project ten dollar but heres where im confused and would like some more info.

What does Rockstars pass give me? Since there is no MP im imaging it will be like the cerburus network for ME2.

Will i get a pass with my game (as long as it s bought new)?

It seems very strange (and slightly stupid) to realease info on the pass and to even price it without being able to know what it is.

Any ifo would be appreciated

[/quote]

I think it will be the same as the Cerberus code and the others we've had with various titles, I suspect you'll get a code with new games too, and anyone buying pre-owned will have to fork out 800 points for access to online features such as DLC etc etc.

I think it's for the pre-order DLC, i wouldn't bother but the pre-order bonuses have achievements!

Hopefully it will cover future DLC too.

Cool. If i have to spend msp aswell as pay for the game i will not be happy!!

Can it really be as simple as that, all the DLC for 800mp?

[quote user="DeBLAIN 02"]

Can it really be as simple as that, all the DLC for 800mp?

[/quote]

This is what I'm saying, right this is how I think it's going to work.

You buy the pass for 800MSP and with that pass you get all the crappy pre order DLC (like the tommy gun, suits etc) and you also gain the ability to purchase either of the two case DLCs for say maybe 400MSP each.

As I say this is just my own speculation of how it might work.

Heres whats confusing me now.

1. its called a rockstar pass and not an la noire pass. Could it be used for other R* games?

2. I cannot find any mention of a R* pass for the ps3. Surely if its for DLC their would be one for the ps3 aswell??

Sounds a proper palava to me,a pass just to access the DLC which has to be paid for anyway,whats the point in that?  

They've not really been too forthcoming about it really but imagine it'll be something like the online pass in BF:BC2 which will give you episodic chunks of free DLC (or maybe unlocks) to prolong the life of the game. Apparently there's too much content to fit within the constraints of the discs anyway so seems like a good plan (providing of course that's what the R* pass is for)

Is it confirmed anywhere that we'll be able to buy the preorder DLC separately? I think I'm going to want all of it!