What is "Zone"?

What is "zone"? Is it just for looks when someone examines your gamer card, or does it actually affect who you play with? Ex: Ungerground- Plays with competitive people. While Recreation- Light players who don't play much or are new?

Thanks for any replys!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It is both. It is a way for your Gamercard to display what type of gamer you are and it is taken into account in matchmaking to try to match you up with other people who have similar play styles to you whenever possible. It's not foolproof for matchmaking but it is supposed to be taken into account.

Recreation is for people who don't take the game too seriously, Pro is for serious gamers, Underground is for people who are more prone to trash talk and the fourth one is for all ages (I want to say it's called Family but I can't remember for sure as I haven't changed mine from Recreation since the system launched).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Zone helps in both areas, matchmaking and giving other players your preference of gaming. This can help you play with players in your skill region, but it's not always set that you will play with those of the same zone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.