What is Elder Scrolls online?

Is this game going to be like world of warcraft or will it be like a MMO skyrim?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think MMO skyrim but its not made by the save developer who made skyrim sooooo.

It'll be a subscription service game as well, don't forget ;)

[quote user="DJ SANDSTORM407"]

I think MMO skyrim but its not made by the save developer who made skyrim sooooo.

[/quote]

Correct it is published by Bethesda but not developed by Bethesda (Todd Howard and Co.)

That 8 minute trailer did look pretty awesome.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej6R7YEGmO0]

it is all the previous elder scrolls games world regions pushed together and set a few thousand years before the first elder scroll games.

having done the PC beta i have to say I will be getting it. For the X1

Dumbed down skyrim skinned wannabe world of warcraft.

I originally wrote it off because I assumed it was going to be a WoW type game.  Then I got to thinking, if it's a skyrocket mmo, it could be epic.  It could potentially be worth the price tag.....I assume the movie like trailer I watched will not be anything similar to the actual game play.  

[quote user="CODukes4"]

Is this game going to be like world of warcraft or will it be like a MMO skyrim?

[/quote]

Many people buying this thinking they're getting a multiplayer version of "Skyrim" are going to be dissapointed.

Many people buying this thinking they bought the game are going to be dissapointed.

Many people who subscribe thinking that they don't have to worry about an in game shop are going to be dissapointed.

You pay full game price for this title and are allowed to play it for 30 days.

After that point you must pay a $15.00 monthly subscription for continued access.  It is online only.  You cannot enjoy it offline by yourself.

Within a year you will have bought the game another 3 times.

Full game price + $15.00 subscription + in game micro-transactions = a waste of money.

However there is talk of a discount being offered if you commit to multiple months.  If that works out to something reasonable then I may consider getting the game but $15.00 is too much.

I'm not one to get cheap with my video games, but it sounds a little too expensive for my tastes.  It had better be a crazy in depth game that is always evolving with constant updates/DLC and such if one year is going to cost $225 plus tax, plus what ever the in game store entails.  

So this game is going to be WoW?  What is the draw?

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Full game price + $15.00 subscription + in game micro-transactions = a waste of money.

[/quote]

This could be a disaster. With so many MMO's going to the "free to play" model don't be surprised down the road if this game drops the subscription and adds more micro-transactions.

Perfect example would be Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

This could be a great game on a subscription model.

It's just a shame they appear to be being so greedy about it.