What is best router for multiple live connections.

Hi can somebody please hep.  I currently Have Virgin Media 60mb broadband which is achieving a minimum of 35mb wirelessly.  My son and I have our own xboxes, I connect mine wired whilst he has his wireless.  I have trawled the web searching for an answer and tried loads of configurations but when both of us are connected to live it is not long before one gets disconnected.  It then turns into a game of tag....i reconnect, he gets booted and vice versa.  My router is a Belkin F5D8233-4v3 with the latest firmware.  Can anyone give me a definitive way for us both to stay connected (whilst other comps/laptopsphones are connected) or can someone give me an idea as to what Router would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:

Hello

Improve your wireless signal

A weak wireless signal can cause poor Xbox LIVE performance. Check your wireless signal strength. Here’s how:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select your wireless network name if you are prompted to do so.
  4. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
  5. Do one of the following:
    • If your wireless signal strength is one or two bars, try improving your signal strength using the tips below.

How to improve your wireless signal

• Move your router or gateway off the floor and away from walls and metal objects (such as metal file cabinets).
  • Move your Xbox console off the floor and away from walls and metal objects. Remove your console from an enclosed entertainment center, bookshelf, or TV stand.
  • Minimize obstructions along a straight-line path between your console and your wireless router or gateway. Possible obstructions include TVs, cabinets, appliances, other electronics, and furniture.
  • Shorten the distance between your console and your wireless router or gateway. Ideally, your network hardware should be near the center of your home.
  • Change the position of the antenna on your Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (external adapter only).
  • Turn off wireless devices. If your router uses the 2.4 GHz band, try turning off wireless devices, such as 2.4 GHz cordless telephones, Bluetooth devices, and baby monitors. If you are using a wireless headset with a base station such as the Turtle Beach wireless headset, try moving the transmitter away from your Xbox 360 console, or temporarily turn it off to see if your wireless network signal improves.
  • Try changing your wireless channel. Wireless routers and gateways can broadcast on different channels, and one channel might be clearer than another. For example, try channels 1 or 11. See your hardware documentation for help with changing wireless channels.
  • Add a wireless repeater to extend your wireless network range. You can boost your signal strength by placing a wireless repeater halfway between your router or gateway and your console.
  • Add an Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter. If your wireless router is not near the console, an Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter might improve the signal strength. When you connect a wireless networking adapter to an Xbox 360 S console, the console will automatically use the wireless adapter instead of the internal Wi-Fi. Learn how to connect a wireless adapter.
  • Switch wireless signal bands. If you have a dual-band router and an external wireless adapter, try switching the router to a wireless protocol that transmits on the 5 GHz band (wireless protocol A or N). Note that the Xbox 360 S console uses the 2.5 GHz band only. Also, higher-frequency wireless signals have a shorter range. See your hardware documentation for help with changing the wireless protocol.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Are you using the superhub in modem mode? As far as I know the superhub (when in routing mode) will support multiple Xboxes it certainly used to do anyway www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../60-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Or... you be able to get your Belkin working using multiple Xboes using this firmware:-

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../22-f5d8233-4-version-3xxx

Sorry this didn't help.

if you want to have more than 1 xbox connect you have to enable UPNP in your Router. Disable all DMZ and Port Forward. and restart the router.

If it doesn´t work and you want to buy a new Router, I would by a Router who supports DD-WRT Firmware.

Sorry this didn't help.