What headset should I buy for Xbox One?

I'm thinking of getting the Turtle Beach XO Seven but does anyone else know of any others for a similar price that I can buy and then just get the chat adapter?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have just pre ordered the Polk 4 Shots. They will work out the box on X1. Due to be delivered from Amazon on 1st March.

i was considering on getting one of the new turtle beach headsets for my xbox one. until i realized that the headset adapter isn't included. i should of realized that but still I'm kinda on a budget living the college student life. so i ended up going out on a limb and preordering the xbox one stereo headset by microsoft. its only $80 plus shipping. over the ear style headset with unidirectional mic that flips up and sits flush with the frame. and it includes the adapter as well. but well see how the quality is for the price. can't be too bad I'm assuming.

A40's nuff said

I am leaning towards the Polk 4shot.  The only thing that worries me is it does not have a boom mic, instead it is a retractable one.

I thought the new XO 4s come with the chat adapter.  The Turtle Beach site says "Full Chat Functionality on Xbox One" for the XO 4.  Does that mean through kinect or the actual adapter to plug into controller???

Keep in mind there are no surround sound headsets that work solely with the adaptor (e.g.: the polks, xo four, xo seven) . All you are buying is a good pair of normal stereo headsets with no sound processing unit in them. The old headsets that get surround from the optical out will still be good and can get chat from the new adaptor. But otherwise I don't see the point in forking out hundreds for a basic set of normal stereo headphones.

I have ordered the xbox stereo headset, cheap, and will suffice.

buy the turtlebeach X41 they may be old but are very good the surround sound update will be here soon so all you will need is a audio adaptor

as the other guy said there new headsets are stereo nothing but over priced stereo headsets the cheap microsoft one will do the same job

so I've purchased the xbox one stereo headset. but sadly I'm getting quite a bit of distortion and static when I'm using it with batteries. but the headset itself works perfectly on my cell phone and mp3 player. i might have a faulty adapter. ill have to goto my local microsoft store to get it checked out since online chat couldn't resolve the issue.

Right guys have managed to get myself an Astro a50 headset off of eBay for £140.. Anyone else got these and think this is a good deal? Don't tell me they are rubbish and i've been ripped off now :)

they look good and have Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound the only thing i think can go wrong is if they will not work with the xbox one headset adapter but they most likely will so you should have a good headset there