What has Microsoft come to?

I remember the days when Xbox 360 was first being released.. Microsoft boosted their console's great PLAYABILITY, with it's achievements adding to how long the games would last. As well as the next-gen experience, and high end graphics. Everyone know that for the best video gaming experience, Microsoft was the one to give their money to. These great characteristics in the actual games and quality of the online co-operative/versus experience is what drew me to the Xbox 360, and eventually become a tried and true customer. I can honestly say I've probably spent over $1,000 on things video game or Xbox related.

More recently, at E3 for instance, Microsoft focuses on their new Xbox Glass (Is that what their calling it?) and it's compatibility to your Xbox 360. Now don't get me wrong, these new inventions do seem intriguing, however it is most definitely NOT what I'm looking for. They show that you can bring your Netflix movie from your Xbox 360 to your Microsoft tablet/cell phone. What happened to the VIDEO GAME experience?!? If I want to watch a movie, I'll do it with my blue-ray player, or my tablet in the first place. I'll most likely even just plug my HDMI cord from my tablet to my TV and do it that way. My Xbox 360 does not need these features, I will never use them! 

Microsoft should focus on improving the quality or ability of their games. We want to play bigger, more intricate games. Battlefield 3 had a hard time containing everything, and they even had to put it on two sepreate discs! Minecraft cannot update as often as wanted because of the strict policies of the arcade marketplace. These are all limiting varibles that can be improved, and there are many others as well! 

I know I speak for some people I've talked to over Xbox Live, as well as myself. However, I think I speak for much of the Xbox community, in that our GAMES should be improved, not our compatibility with tablets, or the apps, and many other medias for that matter. the console is for VIDEO GAMES, not movies, shows, internet radios, or things of that sort. Thank You.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why can they not do both? They may be adding all these new features that aren't video game related but that doesn't mean it is making the games worse. I'm pretty sure the next xbox will improve the video game quality AND entertainment aspects. Also, developers have a little to do with the quality of a game as well.

When you pay a lot less attention to games, yes it tends to make the gaming experience worse.

If you think paying hundreds of millions for early Call of Duty DLC is exciting as a gamer, then they are doing awesome.

PS - Developers have little to do with what Microsoft as a first party publisher of games is doing, if MS isn't developing anything except early DLC, Halo, Forza and Gears on a yearly basis then what does development have to do with it.

But developers make the games, how is that not related to this?

It isnt that their making the games worse, its that their not making them better.

This is my theory (And yes I am playing Devil's Advocate as well).  I think Microsoft thinks the 360 already has a strong "gaming" presence with some solid titles, so what they are doing is focusing on the other "entertainment" aspects of what they want to bring to the Xbox "Experience".  So they are working on Apps, extra content regarding those apps, Kinect and everything associated therein and of course expanding other areas that I have failed to mention.  And why?  Because (and here's my hope in this) they are saving the next big AAA games and exclusives (and what you are talking about), and bringing everything that they are doing with Kinect, and Apps on board when they announce and launch their next console (Nexbox anyone?? :)  So they are pumping money into AAA games/ exclusives but they just aren't going to be released for the 360.  They want to have a nice big library of great games when they launch the next console, along with Kinect, and Apps, plus anything else they are thinking of.  That way when the next console launches it will have all of this.

-

I know some of that is me dreaming, but this is my hope.  

Also, the support is terrible. If anyone else keeps up to date with trollarch, minnesotaburns got banned for no reason.

^^^

Now what you're doing here is 'fanboying' no offense. (LOL, I watch his videos too, in fact I'm a subscriber.)

-

But just imagine what would happen if there were people getting scammed by so called impersonators and ended up losing hundreds of dollars because of it. Not a very good scenario, which is why impersonation carries a permanent suspension.

I'm glad MS is smart enough to do it since, I WANT NO FRUIT PLUGGED INTO MY TV IN THE FUTURE :)

it is energy efficient to have everything rolled into one living room device, if you don't like the apps then don't use them.

[quote user="Farscape247"]

it is energy efficient to have everything rolled into one living room device, if you don't like the apps then don't use them.

[/quote]

So true, honestly, I don't use a percentage of the apps unless I'm on my Xbox 360 and I only use Netflix and Crackle and YouTube and then a few social apps.

-

Honestly, the 'Social Network' is being implemented into the Xbox LIVE service.