What happens to my other devices (Windows Phone and Notebook) when I change the main email associated to my gamertag ?

Hello,

I'm willing to change my current email address associated to my Xbox Live gamertag.  

As I use the same email account in all three devices I have (Xbox Console, Nokia Lumia Windows Phone and Dell Notebook), I'm able enjoy all the integration. For instance, I can interact with my xbox live friends through my Windows Phone as well as use my computer as a smartglass device and also receive Xbox Live notifications.(beaultiful :D  )

So, what happens when I change the main email associated to my Xbox Live gamer tag through the console dashboard to:

a) My Xbox Live money balance.

I currently have a few dollars in this account that I will use to buy games, add-ons and other items available in the Xbox Live. Will they still be available in my account after the change ?

b) My Windows Phone applications purchase history:

I've purchased a few games and applications in my Windows Phone device that I would like to still keep after the main email change.

Will I have to reset the phone in order to add the new email as the main account ? Will my applications purchase history be moved to this new email after the change ?

c) To my Windows 8 notebook

Samething as Windows Phone. 

Will I have to change the email associated to my admin local account ? Will my applications purchase history be moved to this new email after the change ?

What about skydrive ? I have purchased an storage plan that adds a few gigabytes to the previous account. Will it be transfered as I change the email ?

Finally, I personally think that changing the email address associated to my Xbox Live gamertag is not a good idea as I tend to think that all my history in the other devices will be lost. Am I right ?

I'm really interested in your comments about the scenario that I mentioned above.

Best Regards.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi there, I can let you know that if you have a balance on your Microsoft Account, when you change your Microsoft Account attached to your gamertag, the balance on your Microsoft Account redeemed from codes specifically for Xbox Live stay on your gamertag...they transfer to the new Microsoft Account in that case.

I'm not too sure about questions B and C. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.