What happened?

What happened to these forums?

Aside from the occasional helpful post in a thread, regular posters are rude to one another and especially to people who are new to the forums. Talking down to new users and people on the forums who are just asking questions being treated like they're stupid. I'm glad they opened the Ambassador program for everyone because the people actually in it may not have the broadest of knowledge in the Xbox community but at least they're mostly kind and considerate to everyone and TRY to help. When I first started using these forums, new posters and users were greeted with a welcome, everyone got along for the most part and it was a very strong and nice community.

I'm not really sure what happened but I don't really like it. I haven't seen any of the people that I knew that used to frequent these boards. Like SilverCube, Twiztid Rose, DSight (Sorry MODs), and all those guys/girls. They were nice to everyone (even if you didn't have your facts straight, they'd politely tell you otherwise).

I'll be hanging around to help people with things they need but I'm not enjoying helping people anymore on here when you gotta sort through hateful posts from people who are considered "regulars" on these forums.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hear where you're coming from, but these forums can still be a great place. Just keep up a positive attitude, and eventually it will rub off on the bad apples. ;)

[quote user="Neumax"]I'll be hanging around to help people with things they need but I'm not enjoying helping people anymore on here when you gotta sort through hateful posts from people who are considered "regulars" on these forums.[/quote] 

Glad to hear we'll have another helpful soul about. See you around! :D

Yeah-anyone who  hints at disagreeing with them is labeled  a troll or stupid.A lot of these haters are ambassadors and have been given free Xbox Ones which not only encourages them but tarnishes Microsoft's reputation even more if  that's even possible at this point.

You have alot of users who like to bash anything positive said about the xbox brand. For some reason whenever something good is said about it its a faux pax. However, even though against forum rules some users can have a large percentage of their posts trashing MS and Xbox. Some think it is taboo to speak highly of a brand you like. But even saying that there are still alot of helpful folks around. Most of the old regs are gone but their is a great group still left, and I play with a few each night. I hope you continue to help and dont let some discourage you from contributing

I'm considered a troll here and that's fine because if speaking my mind results in that label, than at least I'm being true to myself.  I'm not under the Microsoft Hypnosis.  If I like something I'll praise it.  If I don't, I won't.  I really haven't seen that many personal attacks.  None of us really know each other.  

There are still some good people here as well as good discussions.  A lot of the regulars (myself included) might come off as standoff-ish, because of the amount of crap and annoying people who showed up here post E3 last summer.  There were a TON of trolls and misinformation going on.  It got to be rather frustrating signing on and having to deal with it.  If someone has a question, I think the majority of us would be happy to help... it's just that sometimes these questions come off sounding condescending by certain people.

I try to help. Honestly  I do enjoy watching the arguments between people though,I just sit back relax and enjoy those cheetos snacks.

depends what forum your on, if your on a cod forum then all you get are insults and thats simply because you dont agree with whoever..cod is their level of mentality, now if you head over to the skyrim forum its the opposite, such nice intelligent people on there..the game reflects their mentality

^ yep. They really do see number's.

And you would be surprised at the number of fake Silvers he has made just to ban dodge.

On topic. It's an internet forum, so people are going to act more over opinionated and confrontational than they would outside of the internet due to anonymity.

OP it getting better, people get tiered of hate speech one day.

I sometimes wonder if some people are rude and mean in real life like they are on here.