What happened to

The forum competitions and forum games even battle of the sexes didn't last long

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

It's stupid that you can't even do polls on this forums, it would be much easier to organise and game and date/time if we had this feature.

[/quote]

It would make things easier.

Apart from these forums I use two other car club forums, one is quite big, the other only has about 700 members but even here they have the option to start polls etc.

Forum activity always goes quiet in the summer hence forum games also tend to die down. Face its summer and we can all sink our teeth into our main interests EG for my thats Mountain biking and getting on the 5a-Side out door ptiches.

You'll always get ya sad no lifers posting from 6am till midnight 7 days a week but most of us start drifting off in summer and come back in Autumn.

It's stupid that you can't even do polls on this forums, it would be much easier to organise and game and date/time if we had this feature.

Try gears of war or r6v or one of the ghost recons

Forum games never really work out... either people don't turn up or there's arguments. The BF3 game was fun but there was some nasty name calling going on when someone kept using the repair tool. Funny thing was the squad chat was open so you could hear everything that was said... lol.

It would be good to see something along these lines back on the forum to hopefully put some life back into it.

The main problem with forum games is getting the numbers to play them which is why it's normally the bigger mostly played games like cod/ battlefield ect. They take some time to organize and dealing with no shows and drop outs is a pain.It is a great way to meet new people and always is a good laugh I for one would participate in a few also might do a battlefield 3 one myself  soon.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

[quote user="SuperSoldier uk"]The forum competitions [/quote]

AceyBongo's was in-charge of doing these, however due to leaving the Community Manager job there hasn't been any competitions. (apart from the odd facebook/ twitter ones, which we (users) post on here).[/quote]The moderators also ran them at times, where Acey would supply the prizes.

Unfortunately when he left so did the moderators. Shade360, xFireSpiritx and lowestformofwit aren't moderators any longer. Now the only UK mod we have is GreyPilgrim, who wasn't a mod back then, and despite him ignoring the no discussion thread rule he generally does a great job.

However he can't run competitions if he doesn't have any prizes to give and since we don't have a UK community manager there is nowhere for him to get them from. He certainly can't be expected to supply them out of his own pocket.

Forum games take a lot of organising. Queeeny did a great UK vs Germany/Austria/Switzerland last year which I wouldn't mind seeing return as I missed out that time. The problem is that many people sign-up and then drop out as real life events take over.

The forum member games are gr8 - I remember playing Battlefield 3 - what an expierence

Given it is summer, I wouldn't mind seeing a return of some of these. I know many of us have more time off than usual - some not of course. But would be good to see a return and some commitment.