What happened to the console seeing who's playing?

Up until the release of Peggle 2 I've been the only one playing my Xbox One.  We set my wife up to be recognized by the console.  I was playing Peggle and my wife wanted to try.  I heard you could just hand the controller over and someone else and it will see they're holding that controller and set everything to their settings.  

This isn't happening for me.  In fact, I have to basically leave the room or it keeps going back to me even though we've manually selected her as "Choose this person" to play as.  Is there a setting I need to change?  I've seen the IR signal on the controller so I know the kinect should be seeing who's playing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Its not happening here either.... it will recognize different people (including my couch and my dogs tail), but wont switch to them once controller in hand. Lots of things that were supposed to be there via promises are not and things that are just broken.... The list is long and scattered all over the forums.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That sucks.  It's strange how insistent it was on me being the player.  You get few chances with the women, they like to play here and there but if its not going well it takes just a second for them to say "never mind" and leave.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sure this will be patched.  My wife gets recognized too and it doesn't switch over when she has the controller.  This will be a cool feature when it eventually works!

Sorry this didn't help.

she could say "xbox, show my stuff" and load up the game under her profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can use the Kinect voice command to quickly sign in as another person on the system. I think the Kinect facial ID is limited so if you hand off a controller so someone say can play who also has an account on the system it won't log you out which would stop the game and may cause you to lose progress.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a different issue but related. Since I setup my wife to use the xboxone, it keeps logging her in instead of me. Several times now I can be logged in and watching tv and next thing I know it has changed to her profile. Why would it change profiles without any direction todo so.p?

Sorry this didn't help.