what happened to my account?

ok, i don't know if this is posted in the wrong section, so sorry ahead of time if it is, but i need an answer. so i don't know if anybody else has encountered this, but earlier today, i got 2 spam messages from one of my friends.

1st message:  "Hey guys, there is a new Xbox.com glitch to get 1000 Microsoft points, check out the details in this link: [mod removed: link removed]]"

2nd message:  Hey guys, there is a new Xbox.com glitch to get 1 Month xbox live free! check out the details in this link:  [mod removed: link removed]"

so, i did what i ALWAYS DO when i get spam messages, i ignored them. well, while i was hanging out with friends during the afternoon, a couple other friends of mine start texting me, saying that i'm apparently spamming them with the same kind of messages i received, and apparently everyone on my friends list got 3 spam messages from me. but here's where it gets strange, after the 2nd spam message, i'm told that my account turned silver. so question....HOW!?!? HOW do i lose 3 months of my gold membership?! it's not supposed to expire till july!! on top of that, my account isn't suspended, otherwise i wouldn't be posting this, and i wouldn't have been able to log onto my account. i don't see how i was "hacked" if my account was never compromised, someone PLEASE enlighten me.

and before anyone says "did you give your account info out?"  the answer....is NO. i'm not stupid, i mean really, who gives out their info? anyway, if ANYONE (preferably a moderator/admin, etc.) can explain how i lost my gold membership in this situation, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You would need to contact XBOX Support over the phone and have them investigate. This whole spam messages starts if someone gains access to your password. They might not change the password because that would cause suspicion to themselves and they would lose another spam account. If you haven't already change your password and please contact support via telephone as this is something that they would have to investigate to see how much time was left on your gold status as well as why the membership was ended prematurely.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah, i changed my password as soon as i got back home, but it's just strange, my old password was near impossible for anyone to have figured it out, it was more than 35 characters long. and yeah....i'm sure Xbox Support won't be a help to me, they never have been in the past. i guess it's my only option though.  :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, MET4L FOREVER. Very sorry to hear about your situation. I want to echo what Hassassinade recommends, which is to get in touch with phone support about this issue if you haven't already. They should be able to help sort out your Gold membership.

I would also take a look at this page about Xbox LIVE Security: www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security. It explains best practices for how to keep your account secure. It sounds like you're already familiar with some of the steps outlined on the page, but it never hurts to have a refresher every now and then! Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Sorry this didn't help.