What game? and did it deliver? Sleeper hit?

Hi All,

Had the idea for this thread a couple of weeks ago, now we're close to the end of the year, but been really busy lately.

-

So, what was your most anticipated game for this year? did it deliver for you? and what was your "sleeper hit" of the year?.... theres always a game or 2 that we pick up which ends up taking you by storm.

-

My most anticipated game of 2012: Halo 4

-

Did it deliver? Yes, for me, it most certainly did..... infact, i would go as far to say as it surpassed all my expectations. I think it has a superb campaign and a very enjoyable Multiplayer and the graphics, sound etc are some of the best ive seen/ heard to date.

-

Sleeper Hit? Hmmm... i have a few choices on this front... "F1 2012" really surprised me, i've spent a lot more time playing this than both previous F1 games put together. "Sleeping Dogs" was another surprise.... knew absolutely nothing about it but i bought it  as an impulse buy and loved it. "Forza Horizon".... expected nothing from this game but ended up really enjoying it.

-

Finally, i'll end with my most anticipated for 2013: Has to be GTA V doesnt it :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My most anticipated was Dishonored and yes it delivered what I was hoping for in spades.

Sleeper would be Witcher 2 bought it knowing nothing about it and was more than pleasantly surprised.   My top3 of 2012 would be

1) Dishonored.  2) Witcher 2  3) Sleeping Dogs   no most anticipated for me at the moment!

Sleeper hit ( Darksiders 2 )

Halo 4... and.... Yes it did!

Sleeper hit for 2012? Dragon's Dogma.... Brilliant game!!!

Most anticipated for 2013? Has to be Rainbow Six Patriots!!!!

[quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]

Most anticipated for 2013? Has to be Rainbow Six Patriots!!!!

[/quote]

I'd forgotten about that.... just hope it doesnt share the same fate as GRFS did (IMO, of course)

Anticipated was either Mass Effect 3 or Borderlands 2. Mass Effect 3 almost delivered, but failed with that ending. Still one of my favorite games of 2012. Borderlands 2 delivered exactly what I had expected from it.

------------

Sleeper hit was probably Sleeping Dogs. It got very little build-up to launch, but turned out to be a fun game. Darksiders 2, I honestly don't think I could call it a sleeper hit as it had plenty of build-up before it arrived.

I completely forgot about Spec Ops The Line as a sleeper,  brilliant game with, superb production values good shooter and the one of the best single player campaigns of last year.  In one moment in that game which involved a mortar attack was my favourite gaming moment which literally left me with my jaw wide open.   Outstanding!!

ACtually, I take it back: sleeper hit of the year for me, and one of the best games of the year, was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's in competition with Dishonored for the best new IP of the year, although sadly a sequel seems unlikely :(

I agree with Genchy - Spec ops wins the 'sleeper hit' award. Game of the year goes to Dishonored for me aswell

The Walking dead episode 1-5. All are excellent and featured some of the most emotional story telling and brilliant characters ive ever witnessed in a game. I was sad to see it end, Telltale did a stunning job.

I see so many games here I'd like to name.

"Sleeper Hit" for me was XCOM Enemy Unknown, great game for strategy fans and it was so nice to see something totally different on the 360.

I'm also going to mention Dragons Dogma, I love RPGs and I loved that this one was a bit different, things like it wouldn't let you fast travel whenever you wanted, actually made you explore and see/get more out of the game.

My Game Of The Year that was released in 2012 is Far Cry 3 ( Single player campaign/story ) enjoyed every second of it.

But the game I've enjoyed/enjoying most this year even though it wasn't released this year is Red Dead Redemption, enjoying it even more second time around, this really is one of the very best games I've played on a console.