What features for games would you like on the next console.

Ability to have your games appear listed as previously played or in alphabetical order.

-

Allow you to create genre groups and select what goes in where. You can have the standard sci-fi, sports, racing etc. But Mass Effect might not be chosen to go in RPG but fit in action adventure etc.

-

Ability for you to create your top 10/20 games from what games you have played. You can only select a game you have played, not a demo or viewing a screen shot and getting excited before the game is even out. This way you pick your favourite, it then checks others around the world and tallies up the top 20. Perhaps even have a genre specific chart.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wouldn't mind being able to organise my friends list

Also be able to organise the dashboard to how I would like it

Backwards compatibility.

[quote user="Genchy"]

Backwards compatibility.

[/quote]

This.

BC would be very cool, especially if it also included your 360 market place purchases. This way you wouldn't have to worry about your 360 breaking 2 years later and losing all your game downloads. Having the ability to  play something like the Mass Effect disc, but then alllowed to use your DLC content. That would be cool.

-

But with how this gen started the trend of arcade games and reviving old PS2/Xbox games with a HD shine and achievements. It wouldn't surprise me if the games we love on this gen are released as classics on the next console via download.

I'd like to be able to completely customise what features show on the dashboard and its style. Backwards compatibility isn't a big issue because i'll be playing the new games on it. I bet the majority of people that want it wouldnt even use it if it was available. (I always played original xbox games on my original xbox. Same with Gamecube - Wii etc). Unless of course they're integrating the current xbox live marketplace format, Arcade games with GoD etc in which case it should be mandatory.

That said. If they charge for multiplayer i'm not buying anyway.

To be honest I reckon the next Xbox will be much worse for advertising than what we have now. From the sounds of it, the system is based towards families sitting in the front room, than the individual gamer. Families get hammered with advertising because the idea behind it is that there is more money coming in.

-

I can't see them allowing you to prevent adverts being hidden away as it will no doubt be a big part of there revenue.

-

Would be nice though. Lovely clean dash like the old 360 blades or current PS3 system.

Its not just adverts that bother me really. I don't use the music or tv features either as I have a HiFi and TV. I would understand Microsofts focus on these features but if they would take a look at most modern tv's (the thing their Xbox is sitting next to) they'd see they already do this job much better than their console does.

To be able to search my played games list would be nice, having to scroll back through hundreds of titles is annoying and tedious.

To be able to customise my own "start page" would be cool too, the current "pinning" system is rubbish.

To be able to put the tabs/pages in the order I want and even hide the ones I don't use (like videos, music, etc).

To be able to set my own colour schemes of the dashboard.

A new system for installed games where I don't have to put the disc in every time... there must be some way to do it.

To customise which notifications pop-up, even to the point of being told only when certain friends come online as opposed to everyone... Being able to have groups for friends could help sort this.

Different notification sounds for different things.

Being able to choose the default position notifications appear on the screen, the current one all too often covers important HUD items.

Being able to set the time notifications are on screen for... eg, 5 secs for cheevs, 2 secs for people signing in...

So, in general, more customisation so I can personalise my experience I suppose.

It would also be cool if there was a way of scheduling gaming sessions with friends... propose a game/date/time and have friends be able to sign up for it (similar to creating events on Facebook)

More Smartglass integration....

PC style modding.  Would keep older games active.  

Ability to view your 'sent' messages as well as an inbox.