What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

So since the game sadly doesn't have a story mode it's just down to battling against other mechs or what?

-

This is a real shame because they had the opportunity to make something wonderfully grand and just decided to throw it away. Paying the full price for this certainly doesn't feel right.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 763 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As far as I know mate it's an "online only" game but people have said you can play a offline mode with bots? Not read anything about this myself though so I really couldn't say.

Im sure I read the other day that there isn't an offline mode for Titanfall but there is a story element contained in the game even though its an MP focus.

The game offers you the chance to blow the crap out of stuff with giant robots.

That works for me.

(Edit - Just saw you meant specifically for "offline players".  I guess that would be "Incentive to get online")

Yeah, from what I gather the campaign mode is online multiplayer only.... no offline mode as such, unless you can play on your own with bots.

[quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]

Yeah, from what I gather the campaign mode is online multiplayer only.... no offline mode as such, unless you can play on your own with bots.

[/quote]

On the Eurogamer boards a few have posted you can play on your own against bots, I've looked though since reading this thread and I can't see anything about it so doubt it somehow.

To be honest I have no problem with MP only games as long as they are good.

I'm still not buying this on day one though, I have my fingers crossed that it does live up to all the hype but I'm going to give it a week or so after release and see what the feedback is.

If i remember wasn't Quake similar to this??

I saw something on Ginx TV not long back where the dev team stated it was online only with no offline play against AI planned.   (@ Macca you could  Quake on your own I believe against AI)  

From what i can gather....i maybe wrong, its similar to the way Brink was set out, mission/multiplayer wise, which is more then likely why they said you can only play online! No offline bots!

I'm hoping this game turns out to be a pleasant experience though i was hoping for more than just 6 v 6 which is a tad disappointing but i wont judge until i play the game.

Hang on, we're paying £45 for an Online only 6v6 Shooter? I am getting this game but PURELY because of the hype. Its never looked that good to me.