What does it take...???

To get some help from the support team???

Recently bought 12 month gold subscription (pre-paid) went to redeem code and received an error code which when i looked up indicated my account was locked (for what reason god only knows).

Contacted support by live chat, went through the whole issue, verified my account etc only to be fobbed off to someone else which i then had to repeat the details to this other person.

She confirmed my account was locked, didn't say why, then told me she would put in a request for accounts to unlock my account and that they would contact me directly via my email.

Now a few days later i am still waiting for this to happen.  So in the meantime i cannot claim what i have already paid for!!!

It should not be this hard to get this rectified.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

Sorry that you're going through this. Unfortunately, no one on the forums can take a look into accounts that have been locked. This happens for security reasons and you'd have to contact phone support or chat support for an update on your specific case. When an account is locked, I can tell you that your case needs to be handled by a person from Microsoft's consumer advocacy team. This is something that normal (tier 1) customer service agents cannot handle.

You can reach out to phone or chat support here. Please make sure to have your service request number for them so they can look up your case easier without you having to re-explain what's going on with your account. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.