What do I need to use my Xbox 360 console bought in the US in asia?

I bought my XBOX 360 a few years ago in the US but have recently moved to Thailand.  What do I need to be able to use my XBOX and Kinect here in Thailand?   I tried a step down transformer from 220v to 100v but that didn't do anything.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

You'll need to get a new power brick for that region.As you say it's an older console i'm not 100% sure were you could get one other than a local retailer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"There is a shop in MBK called 'Matthew Games' - they had official power supplies for 2,200 baht. " found several references to this store being the "go-to" place to find one. Good luck, and happy gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

first thing is to make sure your power is same as required by xbox. you may need to bye an new adapter for your device for 110 or 220 v power. secondly, you may experience some difficulties connecting to xbox live or using smartglass or other similar apps. this will be mainly because you have your live account set for usa. if you experience any such issues you will need to make a new account based in that region since you cant change region on your account iam afraid. hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually you can change the region of your account by phoning support.It takes up to 6 weeks & you will not have access to your account during that period.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your console is going to need between 110v ac and 120v ac to function properly another thing to look at is how many hertz is the power supplied where you are now your console required from 47 -63 hertz if this is out of range it will not work

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all the feedback.   I'm in nongkai and unfortunately they have nothing xbox here.  I found one store in udon but they didn't help much either.  I ended up buying another step down transformer but when i plugged everything in all I heard was a loud pop.  I'm pretty sure now all I have is a large paper weight.  I'm probably just going to buy a new console from here.

Sorry this didn't help.