What Do I Get?

I want to know what I get. I bought the Xbox 360 on the first day of release. I bought the Slim version immediately as it came out. Now in the past years I bought the Xbox One Day-One Edition. I have been a loyal fan that companies like Microsoft should strive for, yet, I feel shorted on what I've been given. The newest console requires a full install of a game before playing it, yet you equip the system with 500 GB of storage knowing that it would not suffice for very long. Then release an external drive for another large amount of cash, knowing that for that time, a 1 TB drive was in the realm of realism. I understand business but I also understand loyalty. Then Microsoft releases new controllers with a new input which could have been made for the Xbox One from the start. Yet instead they equip the controller with a microphone/headset that works poorly with a plug-in that will only work for that specific headset.

So what I want to know, is what I can receive for compensation for all the times Xbox has looked to protect and enlarge their own income instead of looking to support a 'die-hard fan' of many years. I appreciate people who can look at this in the correct perspective and redirect this to where it needs to go to where I can find a resolution.

Thank you for your time

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi XxSHO0TERxX, 

Unfortunately being a die hard fan, won't get any kind of compensation. I've had an Xbox Original (day one), Xbox 360 (day one - multiple consoles), Xbox One (day one - multiple consoles), Xbox Live (with almost the longest tenure possible), and I don't get anything nor really expect anything. I have a Samsung fridge, stove, dish washer, and 3 TVs, but I don't expect Samsung to give me a free TV for liking their product. 

I do get beta invites from the dash, also they just gave all Xbox Live Gold users the ability to play and give feedback on Alpha games. Also there is games with gold, where if you have Xbox Live gold, you get free games. Microsoft has been doing a lot for us gamers, giving what free content they can, and always adding features. That alone is compensation enough for me, and I'm more than happy with it. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey XxSHO0TERxX & Hydro Skillet,

You guys are awesome I can't say I've used xbox for as long as you two but I can say I have been a loyal customer just like you guys. Like Hydro said in recognition of your support to the growth of the Xbox community Microsoft has released awesome programs to give back to those users. One of them being games with gold. I wont talk to much about that because Hydro already spoke about it. If that's not enough Microsoft even has a rewards program. Yep you read that right. So get this if you but a new game you'll get points. If you play a new game you'll get points. If you buy a movie you'll get points. If you participate in any survey you get points. OHHH my, you can get so many points. Awesome, so what's the POINT of all these points. heheh they turn into REAL money on your xbox live account.  So you can get money for playing a game referring a friend. Ohh yeah. That's just like the coolest thing ever. So I know this program is something you'd like to be a part of. Or maybe you already are and just don't know it. :DDDD

So go to rewards.xbox.com/myrewards to view your rewards account or www.xbox.com/.../rewards to learn more about rewards.

Hey I know a thing or two about getting free stuff hehe.. :DDD awesome. Keep rocking on guys.

- Voss

Sorry this didn't help.

You will receive the same thing we all get, Xbox Rewards (If you choose to sign up for it) and free Games w\ Gold. If you are in the Preview Program you may receive beta codes, and if you've purchased certain games you will receive codes for free content. Microsoft is a huge cooperation, of course they are going to do what's profitable, but so far Microsoft has done a fantastic job of listing to our suggestions.

The controller has a specific input because Microsoft wanted to give us the option to adjust and balance volume straight from the controller, give us quality audio, and allow 3rd parties (Astro for example) to make their own customer adapters with their own custom features. The community spoke out and said they wanted a basic AUX output so they gave it to us. We also said we wanted backwards compatibility, they gave it to us.

I do agree that 500GB will fill up fast, but I have a HUGE game library. Someone with a small game library won't have any issues with 500GB. Microsoft went with 500GB to make the console cheaper for us to buy as well. The Xbox was already $100 more than the PS4 at release because of the Kinect so adding a 1TB HDD would have cause the price to raise even more. Also, Microsoft does not sell an official Xbox HDD so Microsoft is making no extra money by allowing external HDDs as extra storage.

I've been team Xbox since 2007 and I don't feel like I need any compensation. Even through all the RRoD 360 consoles, messed us controllers, and issues with XBL it's hard to beat the experience I've had with Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.