What do I do?

My xbox has been freezing a lot recently, and I think it might be getting RROD soon.  Microsoft set me a repaired/ used one after my first got RROD.  So I was wondering what I needed to do when I upgrade to the new console.  I plan on buying the 4GB one and using usb drives, but I don't know what to copy onto them from my original to ensure all my data with be the same.  Should I just put a copy of everything onto a flash drive?  Also, since the new one has wireless built in, I should not have to change anything if my present console is wireless already, right?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I was playing Halo earlier and it messed up a couple times after each game.  The first time it froze for a short time on a green bar, and then the later times it just flashed blue.  Is this a problem with the disc itself or the console still? 

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

1-Before you upgrade to a newer console please check through the following to make sure there is no hope for your current console: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/7834.aspx

2-Keep in mind the 4Gb console uses flash memory, no physical hard drive. I mention this because some games require an actual hard drive be present in order to run. Two such games are Black Ops and Halo. A USB flash drive will not be an alternative.

3-You can transfer everything over slowly by USB flash drive or you can order an official MS transfer cable. (Third party TC's will only cause you more trouble than solutions)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Boe Boe12"]but I don't know what to copy onto them from my original to ensure all my data with be the same.[/quote]

Just save your saved games.  Don't worry about the DLC.  Any downloaded content you have on your old console can be re-downloaded onto the new console for free after you have done a License Transfer (http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/Support/LicenseMigration/Home).  You can find a full list of what you have downloaded at https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

[quote]Should I just put a copy of everything onto a flash drive?[/quote]

That's an option (or multiple flash drives).

[quote]Also, since the new one has wireless built in, I should not have to change anything if my present console is wireless already, right?[/quote]

You don't need to change anything, but you will need to connect the new console to your wireless network.

I can't answer your PS question, as I don't know the answer.  Maybe someone else does.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help guys, I will see if I will either finish putting it all on usb drives or just push for the 250 GB one...

Sorry this didn't help.