What did I just watch?

I was really looking forward to this press conference. I was really hoping Microsoft would re-deem themselves after last years horrible show. Nope, instead they plan on showing the same kind of junk they showed LAST YEAR. It's even worse this year. Seriously if they launched 20 core games for kinect tomorrow I still wouldnt buy it. I hate the concept of Kinect, I hate Kinect in general. I want a controller in my hands, if I wanted to play sports I would go OUTSIDE! Show us stuff we actually want to see. Do you honestly think showing a 30 second Halo 4 trailer will be enough?

Microsoft, you have failed. You have failed to put on a good show and you have failed your core gamers. This show is for us, why are you showing all this disney and elmo stuff? Angry doesnt describe what I'm feeling right now. I feel betrayed. I placed all my faith in you guys and you produce crap. Give us something good!!!!

Sincerely

A VERY Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 disappointed Customer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Forza, Fable, Gears of War, Halo, New Dashboard, what else did you expect - Thats new games for most of their major franchises!

Just because games feature kinect support doesn't mean you need to have or use kinect to play them. Most of the games they showed work fine without it. Relax.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The thing is we already knew about all of these good games. The games we didn't know about just looked absolutely terrible.

Even the Halo CE trailer was horrible. It was choppy, and that framerate.... Makes me worry about that, looks like that game will be completely bug-ridden.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forza - I hate racing games.

Fable - Enough said, these games get worse every release. The new Fable looks like an Elder Scrolls ripoff developed by a 3rd world country.

Gears 3 - I am looking forward to it, but it's old news

New Dashboard - Yawn.

Halo 1 - It's cool, but not exciting.

Halo 4 - A 30 second trailer... who's developing it? Are we going to see a demo?

The point I am trying to make is Kinect is crap. It's for casual family gamers and it shouldn't be the focus of the whole bloody conference. The appeal to core gamers is limited. Core gamers make Microsoft money. Core gamers watch E3, it's cool if they wanna show off these games but not at E3.

At E3 you bring out the big guns.

Sorry this didn't help.

I like how Kinect is used in Ghost Recon and Mass Effect 3. Those are core games that use Kinect to add to the games and make them better (well, i DONT like the 'pew pew' GR play, but then gun smith control was awesome). And Kinect is GREAT for party games and help me get my girl into gaming. She LOVES Dance central. And her loving gaming lets me game more =P

Sorry this didn't help.

This whole "Hardcore gamers vs Causal gamers" mentality is getting really pathetic and childish, last I checked Microsoft sold 10 million kinects( as per Guinness), and there is about 30 million Xbox live users. that's a pretty good chunk of supposed "non-core gamers"

I don't have a problem with the kinect I have one, and for games "featuring kinect" you don't even need to use it.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a press conference. It isn't meant to thrill people like you, it's meant to show the press what Xbox has in store.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it was a dull conference, Kinect was plastered for almost every game..ughh

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, at least I can look forward to using my Kinect sometime in the near future.

Sorry this didn't help.

i hate the kenict dashbord i liked the first nxt update it was awesome

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Greenskull"]

It's a press conference. It isn't meant to thrill people like you, it's meant to show the press what Xbox has in store.

[/quote]This. Some people apparently have this idea in their heads that gaming press conferences are like rock concerts or something.. where a million surprise game announcements take place and there are endless hours of amazing gameplay footage. Press conferences are generally incredibly boring to watch. Gaming press conferences are the most exciting and interesting of their kind.

Sorry this didn't help.