What Bands does the Xbox 360 S wifi support?

I just bought myself a Dual Band Router (2.4GHz B/G/N & 5GHz A/N). I have an old HDMI-less console using the original Wi-Fi adapter that supports A/B/G. I running on A right now and know there is another Dual Band Adpater that supports N as well (and my understanding is that it should also support A/B/G).

What about the built in wifi on the newer Xbox 360 S consoles? Do they also support Dual Band (A/B/G/N) or are they only Single Band (B/G/N)?

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 378 Applies to:

Hi, the internal adapter supports b/g/n at 2.4Ghz, no 5Ghz no A

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The 360 S only supports single band.  There is nothing to stop you using the 360 N wireless adapter accessory on the new S model though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, thank you for the replies. Thats good to know, had my console finally died *knocks on wood* and been beyond self-repair, I would have originally sold my Wi-Fi adapter knowing that the S models had built in wi-fi. Now that I know the built in wi-fi is single band, I'll keep my adapter in that scenario. It doesn't support N, but I'm not going to spend another $65 on amazon/newegg just for the faster N bandwith (54Mbps on A is more than enough for internet speeds). I would have been frustrated had I bought an S to discover it is single band since of my wireless devices, only my Xbox supports the 5GHz band, otherwise my router would have been a waste of money.

It kind of makes sense to include only single band on built in wifi to keep the costs down (although it wouldn't cost but a few more bucks for the extra band). Hopefully the Nextbox supports dual band A/B/G/N built in.

Sorry this didn't help.