Well, this is all kinds of f-ed up (XBL problems and accounts)

Alright so here's the situation:

I bought an original Xbox waaaaaaay back in 2005, back in the day when it had to either be connected to the router directly or you had to buy the wireless attachable device.

Back then I had absolutely no need for XBL so I just played my games and went on my merry way. However, I did make an account for XBL online for reasons I don't remember. And then I forgot the password to that account, and at the time there was no visible "forgot password" area so I ended up having to make another. And then another. And now I have like, JFC, 3 or 5 LIVE accounts? The one I'm writing on right now is one of them.

So now, I have downloadable content I'd like to get for Sonic Generations, so XBL is kinda crucial. Yesterday I went and exchanged my old system for a new Slim. Awesome, I have wi-fi now! Having a connected XBL account is no longer a chore! Except it kind of is.

I was under the assumption that a gamertag you had on a console was separate from your LIVE account and that the two accounts merely shared information like games played and gamerscore and such. So I thought I could link up this account to the profile I've used f the last six years and have all my game data and gamerscore and stuff like that transferred to this one so I can have access to LIVE.

Except it doesn't work like that apparently and now I'm frustrated and confused. Because of the past mishaps with passwords, I'm having difficulties making an XBL account for the profile I've had since 2005, because trying to use my AOL e-mail will either get me a "This combination is associated with another gamertag" or "This e-mail is not valid".

W

H

A

T

Some of the accounts are linked to my Hotmail address (like this one), so if I try to use that I get the same "already associated with a gamertag" message. What's more, I'd redeemed several of the pre-order codes for Sonic Generations on this name because I thought it wasn't going to be this much of a headache to get something set up. And while trying to figure it out myself, they downloaded when I got this profile onto my console. I deleted it and items from my console but now I'm like "***, is it not going to work anymore if I try to redeem them again!??!?!"

I JUST WANT TO SYNC UP MY ALREADY USED PROFILE WITH XBOX *** LIVE SO THAT I CAN GET THE NICE DLC CONTENT AND MAYBE GET BANJO-KAZOOIE/TOOIE WHILE I'M AT IT! THAT'S ALL I WANT TO DO! WHY IS THIS BEING SO DIFFICULT!?!?!?!?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, you can't combine any accounts...Live or otherwise.  All you would have had to do was take the very first Live account and "migrate" it to the 360...that's what the process was called when the 360 came out.  I made this account in October, 2003, and simply used the "migration" process and I have used it since with no problems.  You can't "link" accounts...each Live account is entirely separate from others.  And you can't "sync-up" either....as I have already stated, you cannot combine any info between accounts.  The only thing I think you could do would be to take the "already used profile" you mention and promote it to a Gold account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is I can't remember the first account. I know 3 of my accounts on here, but I can't say for certain if they are the only three. I'm going to try again to join from the console profile I've used since 2005, but use my gmail address this time. Hopefully that works or does something....=/

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok...you can try any account.  If you are able to access one, then you need to make it Gold and use it and none others.

Sorry this didn't help.