Well it's happened i have had my xbox account hacked, will i be compensated?

So today i look at my emails, haven't for a few days and i have 3 thanking me for my purchase of 5000,2000 and 500 ms points!

I was shocked to say the least, i knew about the phish scam where you reply to an email offering free points but hadn't had that they obvisouly got into my account.

So it was on mums debit card so they are trying to shut that account but they have changed my password so could take 48 hours luckily i have this account but that also had my mums debit details so my gold subscription had to be cancelled.then they sent me redeem codes to get back the remaining time 8 months left on my gold.

They say this will take 25-30 days to get a refund and the account being reinabled if possible, i think this is a bit bad especially at this time of year when people get games fro christmas,luckily i have this account but can see some very dissapointed people out there.

The thing is i have not heard much about this hacking, i mean when the ps3 got hacked it was all over the BBc news(i'm from the UK), so i thought it hadn't happened to many people.

Well i googled it and theres loads of people that have been hacked over the last few months! why hasn't this been made public?

A major stickie on all forums should be made, also will i get any kind of componsation? i mean when it comes down to it the hacker and MS are to blame for letting account details being stolen. I think this is terrible that they don't seem to think this is very important.

I will never use a card on my account again and suggest no-one else does, i wil only use pre-paid cards now, but thanks to the hacker and MS i am down £60+ for at least 25 days and 1 closed account, all over christmas i think we should be componsated for this breach.

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sorry to inform you, that you will most likely NOT get compensated. F.E: if you were to take Microsoft to court over this matter, all they have to say is that you gave out your credentials, and there is no way for you to prove them wrong. So the short and sweet answer is "no".

Sorry,

Koolzkid162

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh yay it gave me my Ambassador badge!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah i did think about it more, your probably right even though i diddn't give my details out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for giving me a low rating for tellin the truth! >:O

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear that, but unlike Sony when people on Live have their account compromised it's not because someone cracked the complete user database it's because they got access to your login information with social engineering or managed to collect enough other info to log into your account. Not being able to delete card information just because you have a current subscription bought with it is a tinder box and the length and character restrictions on passwords should be reviewed so people can make more secure passwords.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Koolzkid162"]

[/quote]It's a shame such a helpful Ambassador will be banned for having a modded avatar though.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Koolzkid162"]

[/quote]It's a shame such a helpful Ambassador will be banned for having a modded avatar though.

[/quote]

I was just going to say that. Looks like you'll be losing that badge Koolkidz and that account...

Sorry this didn't help.

actualy this is not completely true.  My account was hacked and I can promise you it want social engineering.  Mine was 11 characters with 4 numbers not placed in a row.  From what I can tell the majority of the recent hacks over the last 4- 5 months all happened due to anyone playing an ea based game.  EA's servers where hacked and account info for xbox live was accessed through there.  So pretty much every sports game out there, battle field, dragon age 1 and 2 etc, you where compromised.

Sorry this didn't help.

Even if EA'a servers where hacked its still up to people to keep there information safe, like not using the same Emails and Passwords for multiple sits and services.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Guy! Depending on how your investigation goes, it will be up to the investigations team to decide how you are to be compensated after your account is returned to you. If you have specific questions regarding this process, you'll want to coordinate with the investigations people at the end of your investigation. Let me know if this helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.