Weird Xbox Problem

This happened a while ago and I don't know how to quite explain it. I tried turning on my Xbox 360 Elite (NOT the slim version) to find the open tray light was flashing and the tray would not budge. I eventually got the tray out a little to find that it isn't opening and closing right and making a weird noise when pushed all the way in. I took a video with my phone so people could see the actual problem. My warranty is expired so I wanted to see if this was able to fix at home so I didn't have to send it in and pay extra. Any help would be great and mostly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZFx_FXA5g

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortanately if the powerlight is flashing this means that your cd drive is not detected by the xbox. This would explain why you were having issues getting the drive open. The console willneed a repair but in my opinion its not worth getting due to the cost of the repair. I recremend getting the xbox 360 slim as iut runs waay better then the xbox 360 originals and on the slim there is a less likey chance that you will get the red dot of death.

Although this doesnt help you i wish you luck in what you decide to do. :)

Sage

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.