Weird symbol popped up when playing CoD: WaW Multiplayer.

Hi there. I'm very new so I apologize if this is the wrong area to post in, but I wanted to know what a symbol that popped up earlier when I was playing means. I was playing Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer when the connection for the game was interrupted, and as I remember, lost, so I was sent back to the menu. But before that, a symbol popped up during the disruption and it showed an Xbox with two arrows at opposite sides, pointing downward from the bottom of the console. I've tried looking it up but can't find anything about it anywhere, so I was hoping to find an answer about what it was and what it means here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The game is completely destroyed by modders.

Any time you see anything out of the ordinary on the game quit to your dashboard,otherwise you could be deranked.

-

Its better to avoid the game altogether.

Yea unless you love the single player campaign just toss that game.

The thing I play it the most for is Nazi Zombies.

So wait, whatever symbol I saw was a hack/mod, then?

[quote user="Jelhunted"]

So wait, whatever symbol I saw was a hack/mod, then?

[/quote]

More than likely.

-

Just so you are aware, participating in modded lobbies can get you a permanent live ban.

It makes no difference how you got into the lobby,if xblpet catch you the punishment is the same.

Yeah, the Call of Duty franchise is not new to hacks and all that nonsense. I've seen many hacks in Call of Duty 4, MW2 and even Black Ops. COD4, WaW and MW2 are a mess with hackers.

Yeah , Ghosts too , idiots glitching out under maps is rife , one fool last night was stupid enough to get the final kill while under the map on Freight , whole lobby saw it so was duly reported.

I think I was in that game. 2 guys were shooting from under the lumber piles and ground etc. It is sick how easy it is to J Tag a system and hack into any game you want and avoid being banned. These guys get free live, free gamer tag changes even free money. Just stick to the Xbox live rooms and don't party with anyone that you don't know personally. If you just hack the games there is no point playing, just means you suck that bad. The only way to get good is to actually play legit.

No, from what you describe it's not a mod or a hack! I've seen that icon hundreds of times on CoD4 under the same conditions. It looks like an ethernet cable being pulled out off an Xbox. IW/Treyarch put it there themselves.

You are talking about this thing at 1:29 in the video right?

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DJQ0Y1B20]

Ah yes , that icon is the host bailing , either pulled their cable or dashboarded , think MW2 was first CoD to implement host migration .