Weird Sound Issue -

Lately I have noticed that I no longer hear certain sounds.  For example when I am in the dashboard I can not hear the background music during the Titan Fall intro.  I also do not hear the noise it makes as you scroll to each new app/game in the dashboard.  I grabbed the remote and turned to the TV up to 100 and I do hear these sounds but as you can imagine everything else is blasting loud. I have return the XBOX to factory settings and tinkered with all the audio settings. I also returned the TV to its factory settings.  I even changed out the HDMI cable. 

Not sure if this is related but I have a few game DVR clips that did not have audio. This seems to have stopped working as well.  

Headed back to desk the game DVR again since all the resets.  I will also bring another TV up and try.

Very frustrating.  Has anything like this been reported. Solutions??

SuM

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

Have you tried going into the xbox ones sound settings and changing the sound setting.

On my tv having 5.1 sound selected on any device causes problems with lip sync

I've noticed there are 4 sound settings to choose from, Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed and bitstream out.

On my tv the only one that works properly is stereo uncompressed. So you should check the settings and maybe try changing them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do have it set to stereo uncompressed but will check again.  Will report back this afternoon. the XBOX 360 passing through seems to have great sound all balanced.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.