Weird problems on Xbox Live outage of 4/13/2013

First of all this isn't a hate or rant, I was just wondering if anyone else had weird error codes or bugs in general.

For me I had Error 80004005 which is suppose to be that I won't be able to access the marketplace, app store, etc., but oddly I couldn't access Xbox Live at all UNLESS I wasn't signed into any profile (not that big of deal since I know it was an outage now).  I figured I wait a few hours for Microsoft to resolve the problem but when I came back, my profile was gone from my 360. I did manage to redownload my profile but it was after the Xbox Live outage was fixed a few hours later.    

So that was my problem with the outage for today, did anyone else have a weird bug like mine?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well mine is so bad it actually deleted my profile off my xbox and i cant redownload it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes i did in fact i am still having this problem and it has got even worse because i cant even access my games just to play it would just automatically sign me out of xbox live

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey folks! Are issues still persisting? Have you tried these steps?

-Delete your profile ONLY (do NOT delete profile and items; use this guide: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete).

-Clear your system cache (use this guide: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache).

-Restart your console.

-Download your profile (use the first guide again).

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Cerb et al:

I continue to have difficulties despite the different suggestions offered in forums. To date I have:

1) Reset my modem and router more times then I care to count.

2) Tweaked my Internet settings to optimize my connection.

3) Run the "Test Internet Connection" routine countless times, all with positive results - that is, a solid connection from my machine to my wireless network and then the network to Xbox Live.

My final attempt was to try your suggestion from above, which unfortunately has made the problem worse. I successfully deleted my profile only and cleared my cache. However, when I attempt to reload my profile one of a few things happens.

1) I get 30-50% of the way through the profile uploading when I get a message saying "Sorry - Xbox Live Profiles can not be downloaded at this time.  Error  80004005"   I then get dropped to the dashboard, and start to get notifications and messages as though I'm logged into my account but when I hit the guide button it acts as though I'm not logged into any profile.

2) I get 30-50% of the way through the profile uploading when I get a message saying I've lost connection/have no connection and to try again later.

3) I get 30-50% of the way through the profile uploading and then the process just hangs, with no further action.

One final note: upon attempting this process again this morning, I noticed that profile was accessible to me. However, when I attempted to log in, I received a message saying my profile was not complete and that I needed to download it again. When I tried, it put me back in the same situation as mentioned above.

Any help would be appreciated since I've been dealing with this issue since last Thursday.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here as Midwest Ice...even got to a point in downloading profile that a security code was needed... apart from that xbox wont connect to xbox live...nothing wrong with my router... all this happened overnight in 12 hrs from being able to play to not being able to connect....

Sorry this didn't help.

If you cannot download your profile try clearing your cache 2-3 times consecutively, then restarting your console. After that try to download your profile again. If that is unsuccessful please post the error code you receive. Please let me know if this works for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, since this thread has been marked as answered, marcusbinkie and Midwest Ice, you both may want to start your own threads in this forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

dont get an error code , just profiles cannot be downloaded at this time and i have started a thread but nothing has been said that helps

Sorry this didn't help.