Weird problem with friends list

This has only started recently but my friends list is not updating at all. It always shows 9 people online and they are always doing the exact same thing. Any suggestions on how to fix this or if its just my internet?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sometimes its also just an error, I had a friend appear as online for a week straight even though his console was offline.. I kept insisting to him he must have left his system on, so he went and checked but it was off.  Once he signed back online though, it reset his status to normal and then he finally started appearing offline again when the system was not on.

What I'm saying is, those friends may need to officially come online in order to fix it for your console, as its only happening on your end. Not sure what causes it, but you are the only one who should be seeing them as offline or online when they are not either of those statuses. But as Son ALA said, its also possible they are appearing offline and your console is just slow to update that or not at all, yet the website is ignoring the appear offline/online.

If your trying to play with those people, just send them a msg on the console, they will see it and then you can do whatever it is your wanting to do with them.

Referenced from here: forums.xbox.com/.../2223765.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ive done everything the forum said. I re-added one friend to test it and it didnt work, it cleared the chache, I reset my internet, ive done it all but nothing seems to be working. :( but it does randomly update for 1 person at a time every 10 - 20 mins.

Sorry this didn't help.

it may be a nat issue, you may need to set your xbox into your routers xbox ports. you also may just redownload your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you thought of resigning in back to your account. Logging out of Microsoft account then resave it.

Sorry this didn't help.