Weird problem involving xbox live account.

Hello, yesterday I decided I wanted to purchase the DLC for Ninja Gaiden 2. Since I do not have wireless internet I had to move my xbox upstairs to plug in and go online. Normally I just play offline as its the only game I play on 360. 

1.) I first went online on my computer just to see what the DLC had to offer.

2.) I ended up making a xbox/microsoft account. But I wasn't sure about buying the DLC on my computer. 

3.) I unplugged the internet and went online with the Xbox. After trying to actually sign in it eventually had me entering a email address and it recommended that it should be the user name and pw for signing into Microsoft/xbox.com. 

4.) It then gave me some random gamertag which is different from the one it gave me when I created a account earlier on my computer. 

5.) So now I am actually on xboxlive and signed up for a gold membership free one month trial. Obviously I want to get the DLC and cancel the renewing subscription as I don't play anything online. After purchasing everything online through xboxlive(connected with the xbox), I tried to go online to cancel.

6.) Since I am unable to do this with the xbox I went back online with my pc. So when I went to xbox.com and signed it was clearly not the same account I had just purchased DLC with while online with the Xbox. My "pc account" has no purchase history and a different gamer tag as I stated.

7.) So I am very confused as to how I could have used the same EMAIL address to sign into xbox live and start a gold membership that I used 30 minutes earlier to make a log in for the Xbox website on my computer? One theory aside from me being brain dead is that due to me using the xbox on a small tv to sign into xbox live, I may have put a different symbol in the PW. Or I typed in the email one letter wrong...guess I could move the xbox again just to see that.

8.) Like I said I used the same email. I do not understand how two accounts with the same email can exist. This is very frustrating, I just want to cancel the subscription and as of now I have zero clue how to actually sign in on my computer(as is required to cancel) with the XBOX LIVE account that I used to purchase the DLC. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ty.

TL;DR- My credit card is attached to a xbox live account and I do not know how to sign in to xbox.com with this account so I can cancel the subscription. The email address signs in as a account with zero purchase history and a different gamer tag than the one I created on xbox live.(I made the purchases with the xbox.) Both of these accounts have the same email.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Update-

I managed to find the other account by using a site to search for GAMER TAGS. I shows me as holding a gold membership and being online currently. Which I am not online with my xbox atm. So I know the account exist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello EthGratz

It seems like you have created a duplicate account under the same email, its not common but it does tend to happen. My best recommendation is to contact customer support at 1-800-4MYXBOX and speak to a rep so they can separate your account and get you the correct info also they can remove the CC on the account if you dont want it there.

Hope this helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.