WEIRD NETWORK ISSUE HERE

Had this problem for a week or so.

Everytime I start my console our cable modem shuts down all network traffic (you know, only one green light blinking instead of healthy four). And after I turn the console off the modem comes back to life. AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A NETWORK CABLE OR WI-FI CONNECTED TO XBOX 360!  

...or is it some kinda problem with electricity?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Greetings Simb!
Do you have the Xbox 360 Slim with built in wireless network card?

Reset your Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

Try connect your Xbox to a different wall socket. Do not connect any other cables except from your Xbox power supply.

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not likely it's anything to do with power.   Unless the xbox is on the same circuit as your modem and there are other things (like refrigerators, electric motors, washing machines, dryers) on the same circuit -- but that should trip a breaker or make the modem or other things turn off, if you're overloading it with the 360.  You could try plugging in the 360 some other location.      It sounds more like the wireless is trying to connect, and some security settings on the modem is locking it and the rest of the network out.      

Try starting up the 360 with an ethernet cable attached.  Say, between the 360 and a computer ntework card, so there's a connection but it's not to the router.    That should shut off the wireless, and then try hooking the cable to the router.   See what happens with that and it will point you in the corect direction if what taidara said hasn't already given you a better idea.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, it's the older black console with MAX Wireless Adapter. Switching into another wall socket fixed the cut-off issue. Next thing to solve are those 80072ee2 / 800705b4 error codes...

Sorry this didn't help.