Weird happenstance with the WNA

I have the original Xbox 360, and I have my wireless network adapter, my router and connection all  set up and it worked flawlessly connecting to Xbox Live just fine until yesterday.

Now this is what happened, the console got disconnected two seconds after connecting to Xbox live. I look to the back of the console and the green light is off. I turn off the console, turn it on again. The wna doesn't light up at all.

Then I turn off the console, unplug the wna, wait a little, plug it in again, and turn on the console. The wma lights up green, flashes a few time, goes solid green, right until the connection message pops up, I stay connected for two seconds, and then I get disconnected again and the wma’s light is off too.

I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I remembered to add, that I have checked with the ethernet cable, and the connection is just fine with it., no disconnects or anything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Arcin, sorry to hear about the wireless adapter issues! Okay, so it sounds like ever time you try to connect with the adapter, the test fails and the light turns off, correct? Have you tried the adapter in other USB ports on the console, to see if the same thing occurs then, too? Also, when was the adapter purchased?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Fitzer,

I will try the other ports.

The adapter was bought on January 5th, was installed on January 11th, and has been working fine up until two days ago.

Sorry this didn't help.

The adapter doesn't even light up at all anymore not in the front USB  ports, not in the one at the back. Looks like the culprit.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, sorry to hear that! Do you plan on purchasing another one then? If so, let me know if you have questions about which adapter to pick up, or where to buy. :-) Also, feel free to rate your forums experience at any point.

Sorry this didn't help.