Weird Disconnecting Problem

So it almost seems ridiculous, but xbox live seems to disconnect every time that something in my apartment pulls a significant amount of power. For instance, tower fans, ceiling fans, refrigerator compressors, ac/heat fan or compressor all seem to pull enough current to spike the internet connection for long enough to have an effect. 

The one other major component to the disconnecting: it only happens when I am the host of a game and has happened in both Call of Duty MW3 and Ghosts. So I'm assuming the power spike effects my connection just enough for xbox live to think that it is a malicious attempt to cheat in some way? Clearly I have a power issue here, would some sort of power supply with a battery backup for the modem/router help for this problem?

Any ideas/help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You don't have a proper amount of power being routed to your, well, network router. You may need to move it to another room or to another power socket so that things like that wont effect it. Removing the router completely and connecting it to a small generator or battery power supply may help!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you think that you are getting  power spikes, (surge), you should consider buying a surge protector.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.