Weird Disconnect issue

So, I recently have started having issues with staying connected to xbox live. I am the network admin so I know nothing drastic has changed on that front and it was working before. Basically what is happening is I can connect to XBL but it will disconnect after a couple of minutes...it can manually reconnect right after that though. This makes playing games like BF3 impossible as disconnecting every 3-5 minutes is unplayable. The xbox is wired to the router(not wifi) and this did happen for 24 hours once before but it resolved itself then.

It is interesting to note that I will disconnect from EA online and its servers about 60 seconds before I disconnect from XBL entirely...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It could be a problem with your router, have your tried connecting directly to the modem to see if that solves the issue? If not, it might be a faulty modem itself. The only other ideas I can think of would be if your ISP is being finicky or the ethernet port on your 360 is losing it's luster. I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues InfernoLord13. Keep us informed on if this information is helpful or not!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="InfernoLord13"]

...It is interesting to note that I will disconnect from EA online and its servers about 60 seconds before I disconnect from XBL entirely...

[/quote]

This seems not like an Xbox Live issue, if EA as well as LIVE disconnect.

You could try the following:

On your PC, open up a command prompt.

Then type there:

ping -t nfs.ea.com

This should constantly be pinging an EA server, and you should hopefully get rows upon rows of answers with numbers.

Now play on your Xbox. As soon as it disconnects, check if your PC is still pinging, or if there were error messages.

If there were, then the problem is probably your Internet Service Provider or internet line itself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.