WD My Book live

My xbox does not see at all my 2tb network drive even though my pc does. Am running windows vista.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Are you asking about using the hard drive for "Media Centre" data, or for saved game data?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If the drive is formatted as NTFS then to stream media to the 360 you will need to do it through your PC, it wont work directly.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 360 only recognizes FAT32 and HFS+ volumes. It does not support NTFS. Most Western Digital external drives these days come from the factory partitioned/formatted as one big NTFS partition.

The 360 itself can repartition/reformat a USB-connected HDD into one gigantic FAT32 volume (something Windows hasn't been able to do natively for a long time). Keep in mind that FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit. If you have videos over 4GB in size that you want to play on the 360, this isn't a good option.

There's a pay-for program called HFS+ for Windows by Paragon Software that enables full read/write/creation of HFS+ volumes under Windows. The advantage to HFS+ is that it supports files over 4GB in size. I believe the 10 day trial is fully functional, so you could try it out before buying it. I could swear it had a different name in the past, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Sorry this didn't help.