Watch the Game of Thrones season 4 premiere for free on Xbox One and Xbox 360

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I only just started trying to watch this. This premiere was a dud episode, and to be honest I don't quite get the hype. Excellent production values though.

@Fatal - I'm guessing you have no idea of the back story or haven't read the books?

I watched a lot of catch up videos after snagging the final episode of Season 3. The reason I called the season 4 premiere a dud was because, well, nothing happens. I spent the entire time waiting for some of these television defining events I've heard so much about, and it didn't come. I'm looking forward to the next episode, I just expected a bit more based on the hype.

i have to agree, i mean i've read the first 5 books so i already know what happens but i did expect a little more - in the 'forecoming' after season 3 they said how tyrion was in threat for his life in nearly episode.. I didnt feel as though he was under threat at any point in the premiere!

I hope it doesnt wait until episode 8/9/10 to get those 'epic' moments again

@fatal, you really should read the books or watch from season 1. Every episode is NOT the red wedding. To each their own tho.. I like Shameless on shotime so there u go...

Oh don't get me wrong, I like things to build up before they boil over, I just haven't really seen anything in the first episode of season 4 to make it stand away from season 3 if you know what I mean. It could very easily have been an episode of season 3. As for the Red Wedding, everyone was telling me it was mind blowing and incredible so I wanted to see it. While a bit, shocking, I don't think it's as television defining a moment as some people believe it to be. How about Bauer's wife's death in Season one of 24? That one still gets me choked up. Or the first episode of Season Five? That's immense!

I am not a Game of Thrones hater, I'm just not sold yet that's all. I guess I was just hoping that a season premiere of a show so renowned and successful would have a bit... more. I mean, there is a fight scene that had some shocking gore and language, but not much else.

LOVE GoT! So excited to see how this season pans out!

I watched it late last night and loved it!

My experience with GoT only expands through seeing the 1st season and reading the 1st 2 1/2 books. This episode had a lot of spoilers in it for me as a result, but it did an absolutely wonderful job of explaining things and connecting the dots for me - which is what I think a season premiere should do while it also entertains you. And I was definitely entertained - by the end of the episode I was physically clapping and cheering when she got her sword back. :D

Am I the only one who thought the way she got her sword back was slightly.... gruesome? lol

The way she got her sword back was vengeful and showed her hatred for the person that took it and killed her friend with it. Guess he shouldnt have put it through someone elses neck if he did not want it through his own.

Plus it was huge when that dragon snapped at whats her face. It displayed a huge weakness in the image and goals that girl is aiming for.

This first episode for free was huge, and this season should be epic. The build up to where the show is has imo been awesome too watch.