Waste of money.

How is this console supposed to be a step forward from Xbox 360? Apart from decent graphics this console is a massive let down for me. No music playback in the background? 360 could so why not one? Why do I have to use my laptop to send my music or video I want to play to my xbox1? 360 was simple to do this with the guide button. The UI is a mess, loading times don't seem to be any better than last gen, controller isn't as comfortable, the supposedly great new reputation system is useless because you can't even see who you've played against because they left out the recent player list. I'm going to go back to Xbox 360 and PS3 for a while because the one really isn't very good at the moment.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You could have saved yourself a ton of money and bought a CD player or an iPod.

The ONE is an amazing piece of kit that games far too amazingly for me to care that I can't add a Dubstep backing track to "Ryse: Son of Rome".

What is amazing though? I have FIFA 14 with less modes than last gen consoles, Forza 5 with much less content than Forza 4 and Killer instinct with 6 fighters. Not very impressive. I wouldn't play music in a game like ryse but fifa and forza I would if I could.

Oh and I can't even see how much of my hard drive is used up either.

Should of thought it through before buying it then

They weren't exactly open about these missing features though were they? I asked on forums about the music playback but couldn't get answer apart from 'probably'.They call it the all in one console but it has less features than the current console at the moment. I'm sure in the future it will be much better but at the moment it just feels like a waste.

Your fault, you didn't have to buy it on day one you know.  Could have just waited to hear feedback from people before making a decision.

@ the OP ...

I'm not having a go but like others have mentioned, didn't you look into what features the Xbox One had before you purchased it? I know before I buy something, new console, TV etc I'll have a good read about it.

Like the last generation of consoles, look what they had at the start and how they changed/improved over time, as they say ... "Rome wasn't built in a day" ..

Again it does sound like you rushed into this without really looking into it all.

I wonder what you would say to me, about running in and buying, I've never played a game in my life and my computer knowledge is zilch, and yet I bought the XBOX One, and still I can't get it up and running and my screen is now black on my other computer the one I used to download, but I have an excuse I suppose , but hey' I do have faith in windows but it's flailing a bit now

If you have the Xbox Music premium App You can upload to ya hard drive I believe then just SNAP it...

[quote user="The RedDevil 84"]

What is amazing though? I have FIFA 14 with less modes than last gen consoles, Forza 5 with much less content than Forza 4 and Killer instinct with 6 fighters. Not very impressive. I wouldn't play music in a game like ryse but fifa and forza I would if I could.

[/quote]

Yeah that makes sense.  I think you kind of answered your own question with your complaint though.

You're upset that the XBox doesn't support a peripheral perk most of us took for granted on the 360 and because it's not exactly the way you wanted it to be, for you, it's a 'Dealbreaker'.

The trouble with FIFA and Forza is that these are 2 games that are so loaded with options it's like opening Pandora's Box and new players didn't even know where to start.

Now because everyone wants to do what they want... immediately... they're trying to find the right balance between "Plug in and Play" and "Drown in Extras".

I think you'll find that there's more extras in "Forza" than there appear to be on the surface.  The game just eases you into it.  FIFA I can't say though because I haven't really played since '09.

There are plenty stunners on the ONE though and I'm sure the option to add music is something that will be availabe with time as well.

Az