Warranty Sticker Misplaced?

I thought this was interesting and I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.  This happened a few years back so I'm not looking for any repair help or trying to get my money back, just looking for similar experiences.  I bought my Halo 3 edition 360 at Best Buy, I also bought their extended warranty.  About a month before my warranty was up, I got the RROD.  I thought "no problem, extended warranty"!  I took it to Best Buy expecting it to be replaced but when they pulled the face plate off, the warranty sticker was not covering the seam where the two sides of the case meet.  I had never even heard of that sticker, let alone removed it.  The sticker looked intact and brand new, as if it had been misplaced originally.  I had owned the 360 since it was new (It was not advertised as an open box item when I bought it) and I never loaned it to anyone, it was always at my house with me.  Needless to say, Best Buy and Microsoft were no help, not that I expected it, I understand their position.  It has always bothered me though that I honestly did not tamper with the seal or open the case and I still got BF'd.  Anyone hear of anything like this happening?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

As you've said they have probably misplaced it on retail.

Aslong as they have allowed you to get a fix for your RROD, don't worry too much - If this isn't the case contact your retailer and point out all of the points of what the problem is and they should no doubt apologies and maybe hook you up with a gift card or something like that? I'm not sure - I've never shopped at Best Buy.

Hope this helps,

Brad.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I couldn't imagine this being a production error really, but I guess you never know.

But about Best Buy, I have seen one other post where a user bought a 'new console' from them (advertised as such).
He got it home, turned it on and there was a profile and DLC content on the HDD, so it was obviously not new.

The guy posted here to ask why a profile & DLC content would be on the HDD and how to be rid of it all, he was less than happy to find out he had actually been sold a pre-owned console as new.

I'm not saying that's what has happened with you but it goes to show it does happen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the response.  They didn't repair or replace my console, I bought a new one (I checked the placement of the warranty sticker first).  Best Buy basically told me to cram it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was thinking the same thing Grey, that's a pretty major error when so much rides on that little sticker.

Sorry this didn't help.