WARNING - XBox One Controller

Chatted with techs several times over my controller shutting itself off for 5-15 seconds and then turning itself back on. First time was within the "warranty window". Each time, they suggested different strategies to stop it from doing that, including updating the software, cleaning the cache, etc. Still turning itself off. But it's no longer under warranty. Even though I reported the issue (and they have it documented) since I didn't request a replacement while under warranty, they will do nothing. I have to buy a new controller. It's not about the money, it's the principle - I got a crappy controller and now have to replace it out of my own funds. But for anyone out there who has a similar problem, you should do a warranty replacement rather than believe the support technicians that the problem is fixed. It probably isn't.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Mine of my controllers also has this "shut off for no reason" thing going on. No troubleshooting steps work

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's likely the console. Microsoft pulled the same crap with me. So much hate that they support their own fans and fix their faulty hardware.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.