WARNING WARNING WARNING

go to your account and immediately remove your payment card details... microsoft/ xbox live/ games for windows live.... should be screaming this at you at the tops of their voices right now but will not. My account like many many many others has been hacked either from the outside or from within. I have a games for windows live account and received an email stating £51 worth of points were bought and used for 6000 points which bought a gold pack and fifa12 for an xbox... no I don't have one (I think they're games machines for people who cannot use a pc ;-) ) anyway microsoft could prevent this by asking for the security number on the back of the card at every purchase or encrypt payment details and access via questions and a pull down box like most banks but they do not. I have removed my payment card details and will never purchase from microsoft again as they are seriously underprotected and unconcerned. it's too late for me and trust me security improvements are not forthcoming in the near future. S delete your payment card details now... if you must purchase through their site in future, put in your payment details in the very unsecure account, make your purchase and remove your card details immediately....

If you see this before someone gets overzealous and removes it please warn everyone you know.... except bill gates ;-)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Wait, What?

Try paragraphs next time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Grammar is never important when you're being robbed

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="strigoi1958"]

go to your account and immediately remove your payment card details... microsoft/ xbox live/ games for windows live.... should be screaming this at you at the tops of their voices right now but will not.

My account like many many many others has been hacked either from the outside or from within. I have a games for windows live account and received an email stating £51 worth of points were bought and used for 6000 points which bought a gold pack and fifa12 for an xbox... no I don't have one (I think they're games machines for people who cannot use a pc ;-) ) anyway microsoft could prevent this by asking for the security number on the back of the card at every purchase or encrypt payment details and access via questions and a pull down box like most banks but they do not.

I have removed my payment card details and will never purchase from microsoft again as they are seriously underprotected and unconcerned. it's too late for me and trust me security improvements are not forthcoming in the near future. S delete your payment card details now... if you must purchase through their site in future, put in your payment details in the very unsecure account, make your purchase and remove your card details immediately....

If you see this before someone gets overzealous and removes it please warn everyone you know.... except bill gates ;-)

[/quote]

For the benefit of several people.

Use a stronger password next time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Paragraphs aren't grammar.

Sorry this didn't help.

LOL use a stronger password.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="strigoi1958"]

I have removed my payment card details and will never purchase from microsoft again as they are seriously underprotected and unconcerned.

[/quote]

So I guess you won't be gracing us with your presence anymore?

If your account was COMPROMISED then you need to contact phone support for your region and have them start an Unauthorized Access Investigation. If you don't do that then they won't know where, if there is any, the compromise came from. Hence the problem you are ranting about will never be addressed on their end if their is a flaw on their end (but I doubt there is as millions of subscribers are able to keep their account information safe and secure).

Sorry this didn't help.