WARNING PLEASE READ, FOR YOUR SECURITY PLEASE READ

Today I was playing a 1 on 1 match on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on my xbox360. The person I started playing against told me he was a moderator who had been told to join my game due to complaints on my gamer tag. His Gamer tag is "[mod removed: gamertag]" He told me that I had complaints for tampering (hacking), boosting, swearing, cheating and a few other things. He said he worked for a company called something like Troll org or something like that. But he said that they work with Infinity ward and I had to call this number [mod removed: phone number] in order to prevent my xbox from getting banned. Okay several problems with that statement. First I hadn't played in weeks so I knew the complaints couldn't be true, 2nd I dont even know how to hack, I just downloaded the new maps to allow one on one play so there is no way I could have been boosting before, I just got my mic recently so no swearing and lastly only Xbox can ban you from Xbox no one else. Infinity ward makes games but they have no say on who can play them. Also a company as big as Microsoft does not call people or reach them in a game in order to warn them about a possible banning. I already knew this was a lie but I let the guy continue to talk and give me all the "info" when I called the number that was supposedly a company the dude who answered the phone answered with a "hello?" He did not have a business greeting such as "Thank you for calling....." I told him that I had been told to call this number to get my issue resolved. He said "oh yes no problem, I will just need your email address and your PASSWORD so that infinity ward can go in and delete those complaints" lol seriously dude?? Guys be careful this is obviously fraud, xbox will never contact you with a gamertag and play a match with you to tell you that you are about to be banned. Also not just this company but no company will ever ask for your email and password. If it ever sounds shaddy it is. If you are ever in doubt just hang up and call xbox live directly. Have fun and stay safe. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately, naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. All you can do to rectify the situation is file a complaint against his gamertag, and block communications. From there, the policy enforcement team will do their part to make sure this person stop phishing people for their account details.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, keep in mind to ignore anyone who tells stuff like this to you on Xbox Live regardless on what they say to you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Nutty2087. I would recommend filing a complaint against this user via your console by following the steps outlined in this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../19139.aspx. It also contains steps for how to block communications. We take issues like this very seriously and if you file a complaint it will be reviewed by a member of Enforcement.

Let us know if you have any further questions and as a general reminder to everyone, please remember never to give out your personal information!

Sorry this didn't help.