Warning Halo 4 Beta Scam

Just a heads up not that anyone here would be that dumb but if you get an invite to the Halo 4 Beta in your email inbox it is fake.

That's right 343 Industries have commented saying there is no official or unofficial Beta out yet and that any such email is a phishing scam.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

didnt this warning come out last week? anyone dumb enough to fall for such a "scam" probably asked for it in all honesty..it wouldnt be too hard to work out that its not legit

im still waiting for my nigerian lottery win to come through, I give them my bank details. any day now that 17p I won will be mine

Ha ha @ Yoshis Codeye

If people do call for these scams then they really do need a slap around the face with a wet lettuce.

-

Yoshis don't worry i've won that lottery 5-times and still waiting on my cheque!

I almost win a holiday to Skegness every week with the Reader's Digest magazine, one week soon I will win if I keep sending them my 'YES' envelopes!

you're forgetting the UK forum commonly had people claiming they have been banned for nothing when clicking their profile shows they are from the film Avatar.

Chances are there are people who who would fall for this, as bad and faith destroying in humanity as that sounds.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

you're forgetting the UK forum commonly had people claiming they have been banned for nothing when clicking their profile shows they are from the film Avatar.

Chances are there are people who who would fall for this, as bad and faith destroying in humanity as that sounds.

[/quote]Got to agree with hobble - even if it helps one naive person avoid getting scammed, then it's worth making sure this is communicated as much as possible.

Of course, the other side of that coin is if they were going to be dumb enough to fall for this scam, then they might learn something if they did fall victim.