Warner Bringing More Batman With 'Gotham City Impostors'

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, DC Comics and Monolith have just formally announced that more Batman and Joker shenanigans are on the way with 'Gotham City Impostors', which is an Xbox Live Arcade title that has you fighting for control of a Gotham City overrun by impostor characters inspired by Batman and The Joker.

If that sounds weird, than perhaps the fact that the game is a first-person shooter might confuse you even further. “Gotham City Impostors blows apart expectations for superhero games with an exaggerated take on first-person shooters, set in a part of the DC Universe players have never seen before,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President of Production and Development for Warner Bros. Interactive.  “Monolith is creating a game that turns Gotham City upside down and we think fans are going to have a blast with this creative twist on multiplayer heroism and anti-heroism as they play up the classic rivalry between Batman and The Joker.”

In Gotham City Impostors you'll be able to create your own custom characters for the multiplayer shooter based upon the typical Bats and Joker costumes, although you'll be able to push them further with insane outfits, homebrew gadgets and a range of imagined weapons. You'll then take your creations online and pit them against rival players on maps and modes based upon DC's Batman licence. Sounds to us like Gotham City Impostors was hatched from the brain of The Joker himself.

We'll find out how it fares when Gotham City Impostors launches on the Xbox Live Arcade. A date and price has yet to be confirmed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I love anything Batman, so could be promising, cheers for the info

Batman? FPS? Sounds different, could work. Will keep my eye on this. Thanks for the heads up OP

is nothing safe from the pull of the FPS genre ? batman with a gun ! sheesh....

[quote user="Problematic dog"]

[/quote]

If they make it a good game, they could use Smurfs for all I care

[quote user="iDjG"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

but its not really batman is it ? its just a FPS with batman and the joker costumes, batman and FPSs  just doesnt fit imo.....

but if ppl like it, game on......

Looks, interesting. Cheers for the info op

[quote user="iDjG"]

[/quote]

the more i think about it the more i like YOUR idea about Smurfs, i think id quite enjoy shooting some little blue gnome type creatures....

courtesy of cvg.com

[quote user="iDjG"]

[/quote]

the more i think about it the more i like YOUR idea about Smurfs, i think id quite enjoy shooting some little blue gnome type creatures....

[/quote]

LOL, I think it could take on Halo

Smurf Wars FTW........