Want To Keep Old White XBOX360 and New Black XBOX360 Running with Same GamerTag

Situation:  Old white XBOX360 downstairs.  New slim black XBOX360 upstairs.  We want to use both under same Gamertag (at different times.) 

I was surprised and disappointed when I couldn't just pop white MUD with Gamertag into new slim black XBOX.  I would have been fine just moving that between machines, but that doesn't seem to fit anywhere in new slim unit. 

I haven't set up a new USB yet for the new slim XBOX, but will do that soon.  For now, we've recovered the gamertag in the new slim XBOX.

We want to use both XBOXes (at different times.)  Please don't tell me we're going to have to recover the gamertag each time we want to use the other machine.  There has to be a better way.

Thanks.  Rocketman_DC 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Use memory sticks. Put your GT on one of those and you can move it between consoles that way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do this between our Slimline & Original 360, but seem to be having some problems lately.

The USB is configured on the Slimline, I move my profile to it, insert it in the fat 360 and it works fine . . . . unfortunately, when I go back to my slimline, suddenly the USB is not recognised as being configured for 360 and I have to recover my GT (which took 3 hours last night).

Seems to work fine between fat 360's just a problem with fat->slim . . . . . anyone else come across this?

Sorry this didn't help.

CAD: Have you tried putting the USB device in the console after it fully starts up?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im wondering this as well, as i have just brought a new xbox and want to put my old one upstairs

I know on psn you can have the same gamer tag on upto 5 consoles don't see why it cant be the same for xbox

Sorry this didn't help.