Want more info on the Xbox Game Pass? Read me!

The Basics

Q: What is the Xbox Game Pass? 
A: The Game Pass is a monthly game subscription service that will allow users unlimited access to play over 100 titles each month and you can find more info about it here

Q: When is the Xbox Game Pass Launching? 
A: The Xbox Game pass is launching on Wednesday May 23rd 2017 for Gold members and releasing to all other users on Thursday June 1st 2017.

Q: Where can I use the Xbox Game Pass?  
A: The Xbox Game pass is only available for Xbox One (not available on Xbox 360 or Windows 10).

Q: Where is the Xbox Game Pass available? 
A: The Xbox Game Pass is currently available in 32 countries, with more to regions to come in the future!

Australia

Germany

Finland

Switzerland

Chile

US

New Zealand

France

Ireland

India

Colombia

Germany

Canada

UK

Italy

Hong Kong

Mexico

Spain

Czech Rep

Austria

Netherlands

Singapore

Switzerland

Sweden

Greece

Belgium

Norway

Portugal

Denmark

Russia

Hungary

Poland

Signing up

Q: Where can I purchase the Xbox Game Pass? 
A: You can purchase the Xbox Game Pass on your Xbox One Console, Xbox.com, Xbox App and in the Windows 10 store!

Q: What do I need to sign up for a Free Trial of the Xbox Game Pass? 
A: You will need to have a Payment Instrument on your account in order to sign up for the 14 day Free Xbox Game Pass Trial. 

Q:  Can I use CSV to purchase the Xbox Games Pass?

A: Xbox Game Pass can be purchased online using a debit/credit card or PayPal.  We are always exploring new opportunities to make Xbox Game Pass and other products and services within Xbox accessible to our users.

Q: Do I need to be a certain age to purchase?

A:  Xbox Game Pass relies on Xbox's existing payment and billing systems to process subscriptions and payments. No additional parental controls or purchase barriers have been added specific to Xbox Game Pass.

Q: Will my family settings impact the content that I or my children are able to play?
A:  Yes, console parental controls will impact the content reflected and accessible in Xbox Game Pass.

Finer Details

Q: What is included in the Xbox Game Pass? 
A: The Xbox Game Pass membership offers an array of benefits, including unlimited access to a large catalog of great Xbox games, as well as exclusive discounts and offers.  Check the Xbox Game Pass Lounge or xbox.com/game-pass any time for information on subscription benefits!

Q: What kind of games are included with the Xbox Game Pass?
A:  The Xbox Game Pass catalog is very diverse, containing everything from E to M, and seeking to deliver something new for everyone to play and will feature both 1st and 3rd party titles.

Q: Which games are 4K?
A:  No titles in the Xbox Game Pass catalog will be 4K enabled at launch.

Q: How long do I have access to the game?
A: Subscribers enjoy unlimited access to games within Xbox Game Pass catalog, until either the user's subscription cancels/expires or the game leaves the Game Pass catalog.

Q: Do I need an Xbox Live Gold Subscription to be able to use the Xbox Game Pass?
A: Users will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to access online servers and/or multiplayer features and functionality in Xbox Game Pass games. It is not required in order to use the Xbox Game Pass itself. 

Q: Will Xbox Games Pass and Xbox LIVE Gold be sold together?
A:  Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold are separate, independent subscriptions that each offer a ton of value to gamers.  While it is not currently possible to purchase Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold together, we are always exploring new and different ways to give gamers more fulfillment and more value in their Xbox experiences.

Q: Does the Home Xbox setting work with the Xbox Game Pass?
A: Standard Xbox home sharing policies apply to Xbox Game Pass, just as they do with Xbox Live Gold and individual titles.

Q: If I have the Xbox Game Pass and I go to a friend’s house, will I be able to play the game there? 
A: Yes, standard Xbox home sharing policies and signed-in user profile rights apply to Xbox Game Pass, just as they do with Xbox Live Gold and individual titles.

Managing Games

Q:  How do I install games in the Xbox Game Pass on my Xbox One?
A: Browse and select the games you want to download from the Xbox Game Pass catalog, either on the Xbox Game Pass Lounge on Xbox One, xbox.com/game-pass, the Microsoft Store or Xbox App on Windows 10 devices.

Q: How long do I have access to the game?
A: Subscribers enjoy unlimited access to games within Xbox Game Pass catalog, until either the user's subscription cancels/expires or the game leaves the Game Pass catalog.

Q: How will I know if the game is an Xbox Games Pass title vs. a personally owned game?
A:  Xbox Game Pass titles will have a special badge in the My Games & Apps section of your Xbox One console dashboard to help you differentiate between the titles you can play with Xbox Game Pass vs those you own.

Q: Do I buy DLC separately?
A: Yes. Subscribers can purchase DLC at 10% off the retail price (or the best available discounted price) for Xbox One games, while the game is within the Xbox Game Pass catalog.

Q:  If I download a game, can I access it after it leaves the catalog?
A: No, once a title leaves the Xbox Game Pass catalog, you will need to insert a disc, purchase a digital copy from the Xbox Store, or obtain some other entitlement (like a trial) to continue playing. Remember, Xbox will notify users at least one month prior to a game leaving the Xbox Game Pass catalog. And, subscribers can purchase any Xbox One game in the Xbox Game Pass catalog for 20% off (or the best available discounted price) should they wish to continue playing a game once it leaves the catalog – but only while it's still in the catalog.  Once the title is gone, so is the opportunity to buy at 20% off!

Cancelling Xbox Game Pass

Q:  What happens if I cancel the Xbox Game Pass? 
A: If you cancel your subscription prior to renewal, your access to Xbox Game Pass will continue until the last day of the then-current billing cycle. When the billing cycle ends and the subscription expires, your access to the Xbox Game Pass catalog will also end.  No pro-rated refunds are available for Xbox Game Pass cancellations.

Q:  If I download a game, will it be deleted if it leaves Xbox Game Pass or my subscription cancels/expires?
A:  Your space is your space.  Games will not be deleted from your hard drive until you want them gone, even if they have rolled out of the Xbox Game Pass catalog.

Q: If a game is removed from the Xbox Game Pass catalog, does DLC get removed or do I get to keep it?
A: If you purchase DLC for a game within the Xbox Game Pass catalog that later leaves the catalog, your rights to the DLC will be unaffected. To continue playing the DLC, users can purchase the game from the Xbox Store, insert a disc, or find another valid entitlement to the game (should it exist).  Achievements, game saves, user data, and progress all save to the Cloud, so you can pick up right where you left off!

Q: How do I manage or cancel my game Pass?

A: You can manage your subscriptions using the steps in this guide

The Future of Xbox Game Pass

Q: How do I get notified of new titles?
A: Visit Xbox.com, the Recently Added channel within the Xbox Game Pass Lounge, or other appropriate outlets to see the current catalog and learn more about Xbox Game Pass. 

Q: How often are new games coming?
A: New games will be added to the Xbox Game Pass catalog on the 1st of every month.

Q: Where do I find new games?
A: Visit Xbox.com, the Recently Added channel within the Xbox Game Pass Lounge, or other appropriate outlets to check out the latest catalog and learn more about Xbox Game Pass. Xbox will proactively email and share via social channels each month new titles being added to Xbox Game Pass. 

Q: Am I alerted that game is about to roll off the catalog?
A: Yes, Xbox will give users at least one month's notice of a title due to leave the Xbox Game Pass catalog.  Visit Xbox.com, Recently Added channel within the Xbox Game Pass Lounge, or other appropriate outlets to read up on the latest catalog and learn more about Xbox Game Pass.

Q: Can we request games?
A:  While we do not have a formal voting system for titles and Xbox Game Pass, we’re always interested to hear your thoughts on all things Xbox, so we can work to bring you the games and experiences you want most. Fans can keep the feedback coming by visiting http://xbox.uservoice.com/.    

|

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 4,213 Applies to: