Volume Stopped Working

Hi everyone - I'm at a loss for what to do here, the volume through my xbox one has suddenly stopped working. It worked fine when I powered it off and then nothing has worked since. To describe my setup:

XB1 HDMI Out > Receiver HDMI In

Receiver HDMI Out > TV HDMI In

I have confirmed all of the systems are on the correct inputs. I do receive a picture for the Xbox and Kinect recognizes my voice commands. If I change the Receiver setting to Bluetooth, I can stream music from my phone and do hear the audio just fine. I have tried switching the HDMI cables as well in the hopes that maybe it was just a cable failure, same issues. Please let me know what other information I can provide, really appreciate any help you can offer!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey buddy,

Have you tried putting the HDMI straight from the xbox to the tv? And seeing what the results are?

That will tell you whether its a problem with the receiver, or perhaps if its something else :)

Let us know the results

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Denaz - Good question. I just switched up the cables and cannot get audio to play through the TV when hooking up the XBox directly to the TV via HDMI either. I assume that means it's an XBox or TV output setting that is not correct, or a failure with the XBox itself. I've checked all of the TV/XBox settings I am aware of and everything looks good, but I may be missing something. Any thoughts on what to check next?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI Olarus, 

Sorry you're having issues controlling your volume through your Xbox. The volume and power are actually controlled through the Kinect or IR blaster. Did you by chance move your Kinect? Try going through the Kinect setup again, and re-programming your receiver. 

• To control other devices such as your TV or audio/video receiver, these devices must be set up on your console. To set up these devices, press the Menu button on your controller, select Settings, and then select TV & OneGuide.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply Hydro - I just went to try re-setting up the Kinect, but was unable to so much as get a picture onto the screen. I tried plugging the XBox into the TV directly and through the receiver and just got a black screen with both options, could not figure out why. Regardless, I powered off, switched the HDMI cables, set it up as I normally would, and then powered on...and suddenly everything worked, volume included. I'm at a complete loss as to what actually went wrong and am just crossing my fingers it doesn't happen again.

Really appreciate the help you guys provided! If this sounds like anything you've heard of before, I'd love to hear more about it (particularly whether it happened again or was just a fluke thing).

Sorry this didn't help.