Voice control - not supported in Czech Republic

Hello Microsoft,

I'm from Czech Republic, and today I tried a new dashboard, which I enjoyed. I am disappointed, voice control does not work in English, even though everyone has the opportunity Voice Control on or off. I understand that you do not want to offend and upset customers who can not speak English well and do not have the correct pronunciation. The new dashboard is beautiful, but without voice control is deprived of the most important part, without the dashboard loses meaning. I can not change location connected to Xbox Live and now I am for the first time what the Xbox console to try voice control, which is absolutely great! Please enable voice control of the English language in the Czech Republic. I bought an Xbox console, Kinect, I paid Xbox Live Gold account, and I believe I have the right to decide if I want to have the support of voice control or not. Just like him, people such as the United Kingdom, Germany, France etc. Please Be aware that the new dashborad in the Czech Republic have completely in English, every word, but voice control does not turn on?

I hope you understand me. Thank you for your time and thank you very much for the great work :-) Your player and fan.

Petr Kavka

Prague

Czech Republic

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Typically  these things happen in stages, as Voice Control cannot guarantee accuracy (even in English) if any accents are not accounted for.  This may deliver a less-than-optimal experience for those with heavier accents.  With continued research, chances are that it will be made available in time. Microsoft is committed to delivering a seamless experience, and in that regard, research will have to be done to ensure consistent accuracy.  Sit tight. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is that the Czech Republic can not turn on voice control even in the English language. I would like to use voice command in English. Voice control can turn on only when I disconnect the internet and I change the location to the United Kingdom. I do not understand why my dashboard is in English, but I can not turn on the voice control in the English language? When I connect my Xbox 360 console to the Internet, location is automatically changed to the Czech Republic and voice control is completely blocked for that location. When I connect my Xbox 360 console to the Internet, location is automatically changed to the Czech Republic and voice control is completely blocked. If I were an American, living for a long time in the Czech Republic, so I could not control the dashboard using voice control?

Many of my friends suffer the same problem with voice control, which is blocked in the Czech Republic. Friends also want to voice control, yet it is in English. We speak English and we will help us to learn the correct pronunciation. What we do for it to activate voice control in the Czech Republic? We do not mind the English language of voice control.

Thank you for your answer and I hope you understand me :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I totally understand, and I've been going over the forums trying to make sense of it myself. There may be other factors I'm not considering in therms of data privacy laws and so on that also may prevent this from happening.  I know a number of non-native English speakers for whom voice control works perfectly, yet their console's region prevents them from using it when connected to LIVE.  I'm not a Microsoft employee, so I don't have access to Support info in that regard.  However, you've certainly piqued my curiosity, and I'll be doing some research myself to see if I can find a more detailed answer.  Thanks for approaching this in a level-headed fashion.  It makes things like this a lot easier. ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for your understanding. I appreciate your interest all the more that you are not an employee of Microsoft :) I also try to find understanding in Microsoft's headquarters in the USA. Of course, this problem trying to solve with Microsoft in the Czech Republic, but the U.S. has the word veto. If not find understanding, try to solve the problem by petition ;) The entire community of Xbox players in the Czech Republic has the same problem...

Sorry this didn't help.

Yours is a problem in many places right now that are considered, i suppose, to have "non-English" native languages.  I think (personally, mind you) that many people around the world have better English skills than a large number of my own countrymen, so I can certainly sympathize.  ;) I'm well aware that English is standard fare in the modern world, and I can definitely appreciate the Kinect team's commitment to a quality experience; but every time I see posts like yours, I feel pretty bad that the full Kinect experience isn't (yet) shared with everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to add a I little understand Microsoft. They are afraid of any bad publicity and complaints from people in our country on the Xbox 360 and Kinect. They are afraid that the majority of people tried to voice control and because of poor pronunciation console would ignore their commands. Microsoft could offer a compromise. Microsoft's Web site would offer the possibility to activate voice control for individual players from countries without language support. This option would include notice that everyone had to agree, if they want to activate voice control in english language. It may not be exactly as I write, just an idea :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually like that quite a bit- an opt-in feature that says right up front that it may be inconsistent due to regional dialects, and then move on and allow it.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you think I could ask you to call in U.S. support for Xbox? :)) You can do them better explain my problem, the problem my friends and teammates from the Czech Republic. I called yesterday to support Xbox Czech Republic, but employees have the same problem what I have :D Unfortunately, they have limited powers and serves only as a practical support for customers. They themselves have limited information and all reports of Microsoft's take on the day before sending it to other states. They told me that they can help me only that they send me a questionnaire. The questionnaire is then translated into English and sent to the headquarters in America. A few changes on the basis of this questionnaire has already happened, but the questionnaire should have a greater response from our people. After all a phone call can do so much more than e-mail :) I believe that my argument makes sense and you better explain the reasons and possible solutions. If I called the U.S. headquarters Xbox, I'd take a mortgage to pay the phone bill :))

Of course, if you paid telephone support line, then after you, I can ask for. Thank you so much for your cooperation and I hope you'll help us a future. Again, thank you :)

Petr

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry. I wanted to write that I can not ask for you if the line Xbox 360 support paid :)

Sorry this didn't help.