Virgin Media blames Activision for Call of Duty lag problems

I think virgin will have to get there fingers out and fast to sort this one out.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/23/virgin_media_blames_activision_for_call_of_duty_lag/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

TBH I haven't had any major problems gaming online recently on my 10mb connection.

This only happens if you get host our during traffic management hours.

Total rubbish, how long have Virgin been having this issue now, since early April when the made changes to their own traffic management.

What a stupid state of affairs, other ISP's don't have this issue, man up stop playing the blame game and fix your own network

That would explain the dire internet service I have been having from Virgin!

Everyday, I am kicked off of the internet whether it be on the laptop or xbox. Roll on Novemebr when I change to a better service elsewhere!

[quote user="Shad0wmanUK"]

Total rubbish, how long have Virgin been having this issue now, since early April when the made changes to their own traffic management.

What a stupid state of affairs, other ISP's don't have this issue, man up stop playing the blame game and fix your own network

[/quote]

yep totally agree with you shadowman virgin have blamed just about everybody but themselves.

for this farce of a traffic management system  that came online in April.

im on a 50 meg connection and since April its been crap for downloading anything of live

or streaming from youtube.

i don't download loads of dodgy movies or anything.

yet it like im being punished for trying to use my Internet connection that i pay good money for.

probably just change isp when there's another fiber optic  service in my area.

I play Halo and I'm on virgin. They have been slow for couple of months now..on 10mb.

Never had any issues myself, I play black ops a lot and rarely experience lag problems, admittedly i never get chosen as host except on zombies (which is always fine) - im on 10 meg in the south east (essex) - is it a regional thing?

Virgin media have always had problems with online gaming they even tried charging blizzard (world of warcraft developers) for using all their bandwich and left wow subscribers with limited access and connection problems and i expect they arnt to happy with all the black ops activaty either

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

is it a regional thing?

[/quote]

It is yes, because the Virgin network is a bit of a patchwork quilt made up of Cable & Wireless and NTL's networks, you'd think that would make it easy to track down.

Never had a problem on my 50MB connection and i always get host on Modern Warfare 2.