Video Streaming

• Hi all i wondering if anyone can suggest a good free video streaming program for the xbox i was using Tversity but it has stopped working any suggestions would be great thanks 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Justin TV?

PS3 Media Server, despite its name, works an absolute treat with the 360 ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com

[quote user="voteDC"]

PS3 Media Server, despite its name, works an absolute treat with the 360 ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com

[/quote]Thanks DC will give it ago 

It is the program I use to stream when using Windows 7.

how does this work..is it pretty user friendly? i have several videos on my pc which i've legally acquired of course and would like to watch them on my TV rather than a monitor

If I can use it then it is very user friendly. If it isn't a format supported by the 360 you can choose to transcode it (basically recoding on the fly).

I know sometimes not a popular choice but what about Windows media centre?

[quote user="E Riddler"]

[/quote]it's perhaps not the most lightweight, but it's certainly the most powerful, especially with some tweaking. iPlayer on Xbox? Already done through Media center.

[quote user="CosmicThoughts"]

[quote user="E Riddler"]

[/quote]it's perhaps not the most lightweight, but it's certainly the most powerful, especially with some tweaking. iPlayer on Xbox? Already done through Media center.

[/quote]

MKV files too with DIVX installed. Believe both iPlayer & MKV will only work with Windows 7 Media Center though.

As well as the default Windows Media offerings, there are a few other choices out there. Here I’ll list a few of the most popular/common media servers, with a brief description of each.

Windows Media Player.

The default option for most people, and it is always bundled with the Windows OS. For XP/Vista you should be using WMP11, or WMP12 for Windows 7. Extremely easy to set up and use, you can’t go far wrong.

How to setup sharing with Xbox 360 & Windows Media Player:

Windows Media Center.

For XP/Vista users, unless you have a TV tuner for your PC, you’ll find very little use for Windows Media Center on your console, being restricted to WMV & DVR-MS. Windows 7 users however will find that 7MC offers you a lot more, with AVI, Divx, MP4 & MKV playback as well as use of some plugins, with the BBC iPlayer plugin being the most notable. Using a Wi-Fi connected Host WMC PC is not officially supported, and success with a wi-fi connection will vary from setup to setup.

How to connect Xbox 360 and a Windows Media Centre PC:

Zune PC.

Zune works pretty identically to WMP, although there are a few perks, especially with Windows 7. For example, your media libraries will instantly auto-update without opening the program (a feature strangely absent from WMP12?), improved thumbnail support as well as MP4 video being a native file type (unlike WMP11).

Download the Zune PC software here:

How to setup sharing with Xbox 360 & Zune PC:

Tversity.

Tversity is a little more than just a media server, as it has the ability to transcode a wide range of different video formats to playback on your console, on-the-fly. You can also add video feeds via RSS to the server’s Library too. Capable of transcoding MKV files, however careful attention to transcoding options are required for a decent result.

Download Tversity here:

Should work automatically, however:

————————————————————–

Personally, I like to mix ‘n’ match which I use. By default and wherever possible I use the Zune PC software to stream supported videos to the dashboard media player. I choose this over WMP12 mainly for the two reasons I’ve listed above (thumbnails & auto-update). It’s also worth noting that when you’re signed in with your gamertag’s WLID on the Zune PC software you can purchase Microsoft Points in more convenient 400 point bundles (as opposed to 500 MSP bundles via the dashboard).

However I constantly flick to Windows 7 Media Center for the BBC  iPlayer plugin as well as playing any MKV files – however I much prefer the actual player software of the dashboard over the WMC interface – much superior playback control, automatic chaptering and of course not having to wait for the Extender software to load in!

http://tehemperorshand.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/which-media-server-software-shall-i-use/