Video: "Brace yourselves" for a new GRID game

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's been rumored for the last year that they are working on two titles.

About 6 months ago several rally and TOCA drivers tweeted that they were helping test tracks and car physics for Codemasters. This lead to the speculation that they were new Dirt and Grid games but that they would be  returning to their roots and be less arcade/more sim and have real world tracks and courses.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is the case but I'll settle for never seeing Gymkhana in a racing game again.

Please let it be true!

What I would give for Toca race driver 4. Three was one of the best racing games ever. Still play it on my pc to this day. I also wish they would scrap dirt and go back to pure rally games. No more buggies and gymkhana! I'm also hanging for the next title in the F1 series. They are being very hush hush!

I can't say I'd be disappointed if I never saw a Gymkhana event again lol

With all the "talk" recently I was so hoping to get news on a next gen TOCA title. Some of the best racing games I've ever played.

I'd even take a next gen F1 game than a new Grid but hopefully Codemasters will get around to all of them eventually :-)

24/04/2014

Put this in my veinssssss. Their CM also said on Neogaf that this isn't a port ;)

I love Codemasters racing games. I'd like for a return to the older style of DiRT, or an F1 game...or something in the vein of TOCA, I just find GRID was way too arcadey for my tastes.

Regardless, a change from Forza 5 as far as racers go would be great.

@ Mad ..

I do enjoy the Grid titles but I to find them a bit too arcadey for my liking.

Given the choice I'd take a new TOCA over anything else but whatever it is I'm sure it will be fun as Codemasters usually do a great job on this type of game.

I enjoyed the first Grid, never got the 2nd, but another would be good, the Xbox One needs more racers.

You can never have enough racers.

Codemasters are "rumoured" to be working on 3 next gen racers.

Project Cars looks to be shaping up nicely.

Forza Horizon 2 some think will be released by the end of 2014.

Not looking to bad for racing nuts like me :-)