Video lagging

I just upgraded from my 32'' old school box TV to a 46'' flat screen 1080p HDTV Sony. I play allot of cod black ops. It seems like since I switched video is slower or something.  Example:  sometimes when I get killed it seems like they come just come around the corner and boom i'm dead. When I watch the kill cam Its completely different. It shows them come all the way around the corner and pull their sites up and shoot me without me even getting my gun up. I might not have set the video settings up right on my 360 correctly. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As long as your video settings on the console are 1080p you should be fine.

Scroll to the far right on the 'My xbox' page>  system settings>  then select 'video settings' and double check they are correct.

How are you connected to the TV, component cables or hdmi?.
If you are using the component cables have you flipped the switch to HD?.

You likely checked this but it was not lag due to the hosts connection was it?, because that can also cause similar issues to what you are describing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure you turn off all video processing on your TV. If it has a Game mode for the XBOX input, enable that.

120hz and 240hz TVs do a lot of processing on the incoming video signal before display. This adds significant delay between the time a frame arrives at the TV and when it is finally displayed. Game mode will disable that processing so that frames are displayed as soon as possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.